Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Adult Content Block

SalfordSlim
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi all,

I'm new to Vodafone and I've got a PAYG SIM which I'm using in a 4G router as I've had to cancel my broadband (long story but I couldn't get above 1mbp download speeds!). 

Sooooo.... I picked up a PAYG Vodafone SIM as I was told it was the only provider who could get a decent signal round here. 

I got a 10GB SIM on the 5x data deal which I then spent a week trying to get activated (another farce!😂). Anyway.... for some reason after one of my calls to VF customer services they decide to out an adult content lock on my account which I couldn't remove myself. During a store visit to sort out my missing 5x data they removed the adult lock and I thought I'd finally got everything sorted.

I should've known better as today when I switchedy SIM from the router back into my phone (to check my data usage) the adult lock has now reappeared! Does anyone know why this might have happened? Apologies for the long-winded post but thought I may as well give full details in case any of it is relevant to the issue I'm having.

Cheers

Slim

7 REPLIES 7

Andy

Hey @SalfordSlim sorry to hear about this, it does sound like we may have had a little glitch in our system and the bar may have applied again at a network level, which I apologise for if that is the case, so we are able to check this out can you contact us by clicking here

Vodafone is blocking mine and I don't even have a Vodafone account I need help !

Hi @nuala_tawse. We completely understand how concerning it must be to see that Vodafone is blocking age-restricted content online, especially given that you're not on the Vodafone network. To make sure that we're on the same page, which network provider are you with? 

Just a side ask, can you please pop over a screenshot of the reported concern? 

I have had this conversation already which led to the problem being resolved an hour ago. It seems my provider uses the Vodafone network and that's is why it comes up as voda blocking me . Thank you for the reply all the same .

You're welcome. It's great to hear that the problem has been resolved and you've been able to get to the bottom of this @nuala_tawse 👍

Screenshot_20230612-132314.png

I can see that you've sent a follow-up message with a screenshot of the age-restricted content block after mentioning the issue has been resolved. If this wasn't a delayed message and the age-restricted content block is still popping up, we would recommend getting in touch with your network provider.