cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can I simply transfer a SIM from my current phone to a new one?

Marrea
4: Newbie

I’m considering getting a new phone as the battery in the Sony Xperia E5 I have at the moment gives up the ghost at about 46%.  Is it as simple as ordering a new phone online from Vodafone and then when it arrives just taking the SIM out of the E5 and inserting it in the new phone?  Or is it more complicated than that?  Normally I would go to a local Vodafone shop and sort it out there but I am not keen on doing that in the current situation, even if one happens to be open which they may not be!    

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Marrea 

Providing the phone takes the same size SIM, you continue to use the same SIM. 

Sometimes when a SIM becomes well used it can start to fail and you will need a new SIM from here: SIM swap When the new blank numberless PAYG SIM is received it will come as a multi SIM see here: Multi SIM 

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS

Hi @Marrea 

Providing the phone takes the same size SIM, you continue to use the same SIM. 

Sometimes when a SIM becomes well used it can start to fail and you will need a new SIM from here: SIM swap When the new blank numberless PAYG SIM is received it will come as a multi SIM see here: Multi SIM 

Thank you AnnS.  That is very clear information, extremely helpful, and I now understand what the procedure is (I do find some things about mobile devices rather confusing!!).