Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cannot cancel auto top up

charlotteamy
3: Seeker

I set up auto top in the my vodafone app - what a mistake!

I want to move off PAYG onto a SIMO plan as I want to take advantage of wifi calling so need to stop the payments going out of my bank account.  

- Can't do it in the app

- Live chat sent me to a random call centre that can't do it

- 2345 say they can't do it

- 191 say 2345 are supposed to do it.  Marshall in the contact centre tried to resolve, said he'd call back but didn't.  Apparently they can't see the auto top up in their systems, possibly because I set it up through the app.  

Someone please help!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ToniCa
13: Advanced Member

Hi Charlotte

I hope you've got this sorted. I had a similar problem a while back, and discovered that no part of Vodafone could find any trace of my recurrent card charge, so had no means of stopping it. It wasn't anywhere I could find in my online account. I eventually found someone who talked sense, but I can't remember how - possibly by calling 18829 and making a mess of inputting data.

The current version of the app includes a "manage cards" option under topup - would deleting the card from there fix it?

The answer may come from your online card or bank statement. The charge apparently originates from Vesta Vodafone, and clicking on the name gives more details, including a phone number - 08082810848 - so they might be worth a try. Though why no-one you speak to at Vodafone seems to know anything about this doesn't fill me with confidence. I found some topup terms which mentioned Vesta, but how can they use a payment agent and know nothing about it?

View solution in original position

16 REPLIES 16

JohnJ
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@charlotteamy I've responded to your most recent email. 

Please respond if anything changes.

Please can I have help with this too? I can't find how to cancel an auto top up :Sad_face:

ToniCa
13: Advanced Member

@hollye

Was 18829 not able to help you? As before, if I call that number, then ignore all the prompts to enter PIN numbers etc, I end up being transferred to a topup representative.

Hello, I’m having the same problem. I need to cancel the automatic top up to my credit card. 
Someone in a chat from your company told me I need to call 2345 press opt 1 and again opt1 but is not the option to cancel this.‪

+44 7392 306820‬

I just got this SIM card because I was traveling I’m not from the UK.

please help me 

Hi @Adrianamr Please pop the Social Media team a message here so they can access your account and cancel the recurring payment 🙂

charlotteamy

Hi there,

I think I eventually solved it by speaking to 18829 as suggested above and speaking to a supervisor. But I wasn't convinced it was done so I blocked my card, cancelled and got a refund. It was exceptionally painful...

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @hollye we're happy to look into your auto top up query. I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.