Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Double chargee

Luk223v
2: Seeker

Hello. I was double charged when trying to order 10£ big value bundle. I was wondering what steps should I take now. Will one of them cancel out and refund the money or should I try to get in contact with somebody. The payment is still pending. I have only yet received a single BVB confirmation message. I think it may have been when the Vodafone app was having some problems recently(or atleast I had them). Or perhaps it just double charged to check something. I'm not sure. Thank you 

4 REPLIES 4

Luk223v

I was double charged when ordering a 10£ Big value bundle. I only yet received a single message confirming I ordered it. The payment is still pending. Will the money be refunded to me or should I try contacting somebody? Thank you.

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Luk223v 

This sometimes happens when there is a delay submitting the request and you think it hasn't gone through and click again, not really your fault.

However, take a look in your My Vodafone Application, you may well find you have the BVB and an extra £10.00 top up, you can use the extra top up for anything out of bundle or put towards next months BVB.

As you mention the payment is pending, this will be correct, the bank ringfence the funds and as with all debit and credit card transactions, the payment leaves the account the next working day.

Not sure if Customer Services will be able to remove the extra £10.00 credit, you can ask but it may well cause complications at the bank. 

I do not have 10£ credit. I have ordered the bundle more than 24h ago. Haven't had this happen before so not sure how common this issue is. Thank you anyways.

AnnS

Gosh @Luk223v 

If there has been an error at the bank, you may well find the merchant (Vodafone) will only claim the one payment,  and the duplicate will drop off, if for any reason the extra payment leaves your account Monday evening, you can take this up with your bank and get the money returned that way.

To speak directly to the Social Media Team follow this link, I always recommend Twitter for quickness:  Contact Us