Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Get new plan with old SIM

AHutchinson
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I'm visiting the UK, and about two years ago on a visit I bought a pay-as-you-go SIM from Vodafone, and kept the SIM card. I'd like to reuse that SIM card now, but I can't seem to just reactivate it, and buying a plan means they will send me a new SIM... Does anyone know if I can still use my old SIM to start a new plan?

Thanks!

- Alasdair

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

When a PAYG SIM has not been used for a lengthy period, it is disconnected from the network for non use @AHutchinson 

You are going to need a new SIM you can order a free SIM online to be sent to a UK address here Free SIM,

If you are un the UK the quickest way to get a new SIM will be from a Vodafone store, quite sure there are also some small corner shops and petrol stations where you will be able to get a new PAYG SIM.

View solution in original position

1 REPLY 1

AnnS

When a PAYG SIM has not been used for a lengthy period, it is disconnected from the network for non use @AHutchinson 

You are going to need a new SIM you can order a free SIM online to be sent to a UK address here Free SIM,

If you are un the UK the quickest way to get a new SIM will be from a Vodafone store, quite sure there are also some small corner shops and petrol stations where you will be able to get a new PAYG SIM.