Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Help - Getting Charges for data Usage

johnoooo
4: Newbie

This has just started, perhaps I've changed a setting?

I've got a Samsung S4 Mini

How do I turn off "Data Usage"? "Mobile Data" is turned ON, is this the problem?

Note:- I have "Wi-Fi" turned on

Blue Tooth turned off

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @johnoooo 

Basically the same way as you turned OFF, just toggle to ON.  If you look at the device guides link I left you will be able to see how this can be done.

If you have big fingers, probably the easiest way is from the phone connection settings, settings > data usage > mobile data., you will find everything there.

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

AnnS

Hi @johnoooo 

The first question to ask is if you are PAYG or pay monthly? 

If you are pay monthly, unless you took out the contract before July last year where the monthly allowance would be automatically capped, you would be able to add a data cap to your account through your online account and My Vodafone application.   

There is nothing more annoying than being charged extra when it can be avoided.  There is further information here:  Monitoring your data usage 

To turn off mobile data, this can be done from the phone settings and by by pull down at the top of the phone.  You can also go into the phone data application and set the monthly limit, this stop you going over the monthly allowance.  If you refer to the device guides link below you will be able to see exactly how to turn off mobile data and set the data limit through the phone application Vodafone device guides - Samsung S4 mini 

edited to add:  I have looked through your previous threads and notice you are PAYG.  I have moved your thread to the correct board.

Ann/Band of Brothers,

Many thanks, have now turned off "Mobile Data", would love to know how it got into the on position, perhaps my big fingers!

AnnS

Hi @johnoooo 

Basically the same way as you turned OFF, just toggle to ON.  If you look at the device guides link I left you will be able to see how this can be done.

If you have big fingers, probably the easiest way is from the phone connection settings, settings > data usage > mobile data., you will find everything there.

Ann,

Done it thanks!

AnnS

Wonderful @johnoooo if i have solved your enquiry please  mark my answer

BandOfBrothers

No worries @johnoooo 

You've probably just caught it accidentally some preferences setting has activated it.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

BandOfBrothers

If you turn Off Mobile Data then that will stop usage and you'll only be able to connect via WiFi.

Also in your phone there maybe a data limit setting that you can set at a particular data limit to stop going over @johnoooo 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.