Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Hi' Why am i getting this message.

websi24
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi everyone 😀
My phone sim is very old and my number has been around the block a few times in 20 years so I have a spam blocker on and Mr Number to block any bad callers as well as that I have it set to only allow my contacts to phone me.

The other day out of the blue I got this message sent to my phone and is in RED and can not be removed 😕
The title is: "Complete your device update" Click to get started.

I've not opened it, but I can't remove it either.

is it safe?
any help is appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

This is a phone software update, certainly nothing to be concerned about, as well as improvements may also contain security updates and will need to be downloaded and installed to the phone by clicking the link preferably over a WiFi connection.

You don't mention the phone you are using, there is further information from device guides here 

To benefit form a new SIM, live chat will help or a Vodafone store will complete a SIM swap.  Vodafone are very security conscious about blank SIMs make sure you have good ID with you if going into a store for a SIM swap.

Thank you for your answer and for putting my mind at ease, it's on a Samsung a13 I've included a screenshotScreenshot_20240103_220712_One UI Home.jpg