Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

I have a prepaid Vodafone España SIM with EU/UK Roaming included:

duffy7
2: Seeker

Can I just top it off a few months from now before the expiration date when I land in the UK? I’m currently outside of Europe and am using a different SIM card, but I have no plans to go back to Spain before the expiration date according to Vodafone. I do have a couple short trips to the UK and other EU countries lined up, though. I’m pretty new to this and am trying to figure out if I’m better off just buying a new SIM in the UK when I land or if the one I have will work well.

5 REPLIES 5

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

khabib0460

Can I just top it off a few months from now before the expiration date when I land in the UK? I’m currently outside of Europe and am using a different SIM card, but I have no plans to go back to Spain before the expiration date according to Vodafone. I do have a couple short trips to the UK and other EU countries lined up, though. I’m pretty new to this and am trying to figure out if I’m better off just buying a new SIM in the UK when I land or if the one I have will work well.

Hey @khabib0460 If your provider is Vodafone Spain you will need to contact them to discuss your options and check your T&C's. You can reach out to them here. 

I think the answer is...it depends. If roaming is cheaper than a UK SIM then top up and bring it to the UK. 

If it's not cheaper get a UK SIM. I'd also bear in mind our roaming changed to the EU whereas it's still mostly inclusive from most of the EU > UK. You can find our roaming charges here