Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Losing £1 a day of credit

3: Seeker

At least £2 has disappeared from my account or maybe more since i usually ignore txt from voda because of advertisement or promotions. Anything i read is on whatsapp through WiFi only.

I sent an sms on january 8 which im correctly charged for. Up till today jan 28th i made no call, sent no text, never use data. My phone remains switched off during bedtime, i take no calls ever at night on my mobile. Twice this week the first thing i read on my phone when i wake and turn on my phone is i have the £1 charge. Only today its stopped because there is only 40pence left. Can anyone else reading chime in as im not the only person. The people in livechat kindly refunded me, on the second time was reassured it was fixed but obviously not and im low on credit again.

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Can you go into your myvodafone @182319 just to look at which Vodafone Payg tariff your currently on.

I ask as this sounds to be Payg1 which £1 comes off a day when the sim card is used.

As per vodafone.co.uk/mobile/pay-as-you-go-plans/payg-1 

If your tariff is the Vodafone Basic instead then again take a look in your myvodafone to see if there is a reason showing why the charge has been deducted from your available Credit.

Such as MMS messages which are charged for etc.

Live Chat or 191 or the Vodafone Social Media Team's via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries have account access to check your account.

Account access isn't available via this forum.

Also is it possible your phone is auto choosing Mobile Data at some point when your accessing WhatsApp as a connection over WiFi as some phone's have the capability of doing this if for example your Wi-Fi signal drops.

There maybe some settings in the advanced settings section of your phone or turn off Mobile Data in your phone.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

Until 12 Jan you'd only have lost 20p by making a short accidental connection to mobile data, since then the charge has gone up to £1 for any usage in a day. (Well, almost any, but it's up to the reader to figure that one out!)

There are three Vodafone PAYG accounts in this household, and all three received SMS alerts to the change on 10 Dec last.

FYI the other thing mentioned in the SMS is that the disconnection policy is changing, so you need to make a chargeable activity at least once every 180 days - I think it used to be 270 days, but I'm quite attached to my numbers, so I've never risked letting it go that long.

Thank you for the replies.

It is the payasyougo1 im on. In the past i had 2 pay monthly contracts which i dont make much use of and you will understand why i switched to payg. For example a £10credit would last me 13 months,£5 for 8 months so i rarely make use of my phone except only for important moments. And yes i use the credit and correctly charged for those times. The myvodaphone app has been uninstalled, its sluggish and im not qualified for the veryme rewards and not much point keeping it. I dial 2345 to keep track on credit instead. Been a user of whatsapp for 5 years, owned mobiles for 20 years im aware of the settings what can or cannot use data on all the apps on my phone, Mi Mix 5g. Whatsapp network usage report is:132.3MB sent, 152.2MB received. Nothing on whatsapp is allowed to access Mobiledata which is always off.

Whatsapp used only on wifi at home and work.

divo19

My mobile data is never switched on. Vodafone said that I sent a text message, which I most definitely did not. 

I've received a text to confirm there was a technical issue and reimbursed today, Feb 26. My phone is for emergency use only and because of lockdown I only use it on wifi to read whatsapp so wouldn't text or make calls as I'm going out less other than for essentials. I will see how it goes by not using any credit.

I received £1 credit from Vodafone. I am glad that they are aware of this issue as regards our having been charged for things which we did not use.

Received a MISSED call today but not the £1 charge reported before and credit has been untouched so issue is fixed, I hope is same for everyone affected. Thanks to you all.