Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

PAYG number disconnected for being dormant

KB648
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi, I am a PAYG customer(previously paid monthly) and had my number for nearly 17 yrs. I am currently working abroad and have not used my phone since February. It seems that my number  has been disconnected. I did try the live chat but the person told me that the number is now gone as it has not been used for more than 90 days and or topped up for more than 180 days. I have this number with banks hospital, GP, mortgage etc. Is there a way to get it back? Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @KB648 

There was a thread very similar to yours  last month here https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-as-you-go/re-connect-lost-number/m-p/2669592#

You are going to have two problems here, PAYG SIM's are disconnected from the network when there has been no outgoing chargeable activity in a 180 day period and with roaming only intended for short periodic tranvel and not long term use.

Follow the link to in the attached thread to speak to the Social Team, they will help where they can.

Thank you AnnS for your reply. Will follow the instructions to see if it works. 

No luck. They couldn't help either. Guess will have to get a new number. Will check if all the provider this 90 days policy of usage/ 180 days topup or not? 

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @KB648, I'm really sorry to hear you had no luck with getting your number back. Most of the time it will depend on whether the number has been recycled or not. If you did need us to look into anything else for you, don't hesitate to get back in contact with us 😊 

WelshPaul
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

When a telephone phone number is disconnected there is a waiting period of six months (or there used to be) before it can re-used. So, any number that is disconnected can be reactivated during that timeframe unless the number was ported in from another provider. Ported numbers are returned to the telephone provider they were originally issued to shortly after disconnection.

Thank you Paul. I will try my luck again by contacting Vodafone. The last time phone use was in Feb 2020 therefore disconnection would have been few months after this.