cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Porting Scandal! Still not ported, after 2 weeks!

zvuqniki
2: Seeker

I was hearing good stuff about Vodafone, so I decided to move to Vodafone and try it out. 

Things have started on a really bad track.

I wanted to be an informed client, therefore, I Googled what was required to move my number from O2 to Vodafone. I was supposed to get the PAC from my current carrier (o2), and give it to my new carrier (Vodafone). I got the PAC, went into the shop, told them, that I want a Pay & Go Sim, and I want to use my number on that SIM. The fellow looked like he knew what he was doing. He went to pick out a SIM, he gave me the SIM, asked me for the PAC number, e-mail, took my money, and told me that it's going to take 24 hours until my SIM starts working. I told him that it's fine, because I'm going to be flying out of the UK in 52 hours. 

On my way to the airport, I switched my SIM (and being the unlucky guy that I am, I lost the O2 sim in the process), and to my surprise, the SIM was not working at all. The phone was saying that it was not Registered on the network. I started chatting with Vodafone, they told me that it takes 48 hours. I told them Numerous times, that it's been MORE than 48 hours. I even gave them PROOF (my receipt of when I bought the Sim - which clearly states everything), and 2 or more agents knew nothing. Useless. 

Then I knew I was screwed, that I'd have to spend a lot of money to communicate with people in the UK, because that's what happens when you are ripped off, don't have a working SIM, and not being able to use it in the EU without roaming charges.

I bought the Sim card on the 6th of February. Today is the 18th of February. Since I've already spent about 100 euros on calls until now, I'd thought I'd check whether the SIM is working or not. IT IS STILL NOT! 

I got on chat, again, and thankfully, there was a useful person this time, he told me that he can't do anything and that I have to call a number. 

I called the number, and after being on hold for 10 minutes, the person tells me that the port is going to be completed on the 7th of March!

So everyone, when Vodafone tells you 24-48 hours, THEY ARE LYING! It's going to take at least 30 days, to port your number on Vodafone. 

I asked the person on the phone, whether they can at least register the Vodafone SIM that I have with me on the network, and give me a temporary number so that I don't spend hundreds of euros on calls, they said NO. That if I want to move to Vodafone, I have to wait until the 7th of March.

Or they can send me a new SIM by mail in the UK, and start the Porting process from the beginning. I thought, "wait another 30 days? No thank you".

Hopefully, after being ported things are going to be smoother?

So, if anyone else is having porting problems, you're not the only one.

I'm posting this to let everyone know how the process is going to go, because my hopes of moving to Vodafone on the 7th of March are gone. When I get back to the UK, I'm planning to get my O2 Sim with My number and go get a refund from Vodafone on the 8th of March. Then, see if there's an Ofcom mechanism of complaints against this big multinational company that screws people and can't do something as simple as porting a number right. 

15 REPLIES 15

I was surprised, but after 30 days, the number was finally ported, and the SIM started working.

So, anyone out there reading, beware, that when you want to port your number to Vodafone, it'll take between 2-30 days for the port to complete.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks for updating us @zvuqniki, I'm glad to hear that your number has now ported over to us. 

Apologies for the time that this has taken to complete. If we can help with anything else in the future, please don't hesitate to get back in touch and we'll be happy to answer any queries you may have.

Chrisronaldtown

I've got a business line that has been shut down for 3 days up to now, they are killing my business 

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)

We'll need to access your account to help get you up and running @Chrisronaldtown - please contact our team via Facebook, or get in touch on Twitter. You can find more information on doing this here.

Please also provide a link to this thread, along with your username; this will save time and we’ll be able to help you quicker.

Not been funny but I must have been on the phone for at least 10 hours to you guys at least. My business line got cut off last Wednesday morning. Nobody has been able to contact me since and each day someone says it's the next 24 to 48 hours. This is killing my business because a human error not adding a temp number before starting the porting process. One reference is                      I-FNOMIDLU I'll have no option but to seek legal advice and even go to a be tabloids if this is not sorted out because this is destroying my buisness at the most crusial part of the year 

TJ

So we can access your account safely and securely and look into this porting issue @Chrisronaldtown - please contact us via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or get in touch on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK.

Make sure to pop your username and link to this thread in your message too, this will save you having to explain again and we can help you quicker.