Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Problem using my new Sim with HTC Phone

bettyboop44
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi

I don't seem to be able to use my HTC 610 , with a new SIM I have just installed , I phoned *#100# to find the number, then it started of with something like " USSD Code running , then it says 2 Connection problem or invalid MMI code" .

The strange thing is I went online to register the SIM and put a Fiver on, just to try everything , reg he number ok and the top up , then I get a txt on my phone saying that the top is successful , but still I can not phone out or receive a call .

I have no idea has to what to do next .

Anne 

25 REPLIES 25

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @bettyboop44 

Here's a few questions and suggestions to try and help.

Who supplied the Sim Card may I ask ?

Pay-as-you-go-SIM > How-do-I-activate-my-SIM. 

Are you on Payg1 which needs £1 per day to use allowances or are you on a Big Value Bundle which takes an amount off your credit to pay for allowances that last 30 days ?

Check in your myvodafone for anything like bars.

As a process of elimination can you try the Sim Card in another phone to see if the sim will work in another phone ?

If possible try another sim in your phone to help rule out the phone or sim at fault.

Try choosing another network in the phones connection settings and then re choose Vodafone.

Can you text , recieve texts or use data ?

Is the phone definitely unlocked to all network's to be able to accept the sim card ? 

Does the Vodafone Uk name appear in the phones status bar at the top of the phone  ?

Please try removing the sim card and then re insert and turn the phone back On.

Is the issue happening in One place in tne Uk or everywhere  ?

You can check your masts via status-checker 

Vodafone have a help thread and template  Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template. 

The Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries or Live Chat  can check the Account.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Got the SIM direct from Vodaphone .

Am on a SIM Only PAYG and top up whenever ! .

signal bars are full at the top , (have wi-fi turned off) .

Phone is locked to Vodaphone .

Don't have another phone on Vodaphone nor a unlocked phone .

Can't txt or phone out , but am receiving messages from Vopdaphone re top up ! .

as "Vodaphone UK" , on the bottom of screen .

Ann

AnnS

Hi @bettyboop44 

As the SIM came direct from Vodafone I am wondering if the SIM is a Big Value SIM and not a standard rate PAYG 1, this is going to mean converting the added credit into a Big Value Bundle.  The minimum bundle is £10.00, this will give you a call, text and data allowance.  Please see here: Vodafone PAYG 

You can purchase the bundle or change the tariff to PAYG 1 by calling 2345 though your online account or the My Vodafone Application.

Hope you get your SIM working, otherwise please come back to the forum.

Hi

It was a standard SIM on payg , min top up £5 , if I dial  2345 I get the following " USSD Code running , then it says 2 Connection problem or invalid MMI code" .! .

Anne

"I just want a free SIM to top up anytime

• Get a new SIM free of charge and don't pay a penny until you use it
  • Just pay for what you need, when you need it. It's just 20p per minute, 20p per text and 20p per 5MB of data
  • Spend £1 in a day to unlock unlimited minutes and texts, plus 500MB of data to use until midnight"

Screen shot , from Vodaphone web site .

Anne

Screen shot

Hi @bettyboop44 

Sorry I'm a bit late back to this thread :Winking_smiley:

If you look in your myvodafone this will tell you what tariff your currently on.

Getting-started/Payg mobile. 

Help-and-information. Payg. 

You can change the tariff type if necessary.

How can I change to Payg1 if I'm on another Payg Tariff. 

How-do-I-change-my-plan. 

As I mentioned in the very first reply to you Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Teams can help too.

Link back to your thread here including your forum username so your not having to repeat yourself.

Please let us know how you get on.

Edited to add.

You mentioned  " invalid MMI code "

From a Google Search there are many hits and YouTube videos.

One is fix-connection-problem-invalid-mmi-code. 

🌈Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @bettyboop44 

As you have registered your online account and topped up the SIM you should find the account active and the top up on the account this morning.

If there are still problems and you still receive the same error, please return to the forum and this will be looked into further by the Social Media Team.