Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Retrieving cancelled number

SL1
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi All,

I previously had a contract with Vodafone but then switched the number to pay-as-you-go with them. However, the number/sim subsequently expired in April 22 through lack of use. I have tried contacting Vodafone directly but they say they cannot reinstate it because it’s been more than 90 days since expiry. Is there any way I can retrieve the number or at least find out who owns the ‘rights’ to it now? I also no longer have the sim. 

Thanks in advance. 

5 REPLIES 5

AnnS
17: Community Champion

There have been many previous threads asking this question @SL1. If you use the forum search facility these will come  up.

The number could be anywhere and impossible to locate. 

I have the same issue - was with Vodafone and switched the number to pay-as-you-go.  It's been just over 6 months and I have the PAC code but that expires after 30 days.  Is there any way to find & retrieve the number using the PAC code?

Hello, I am attempting to retrieve my mobile number and have seen quite a few posts with others in a similar situation so there's definately a need for this service.

My situation is that I was orginally with Vodafone and go my phone numbers from them.

I switched the number to pay-as-you-go to various providers and back to Vodafone for a while. However, I missed the cancellation notice with my last PAYG provider!

It's been just over 6 months and I still have the PAC code from the PAYG provider but that has expired after the 30 days validity.

Is there any way to find & retrieve the number using the PAC code?

AnnS

It only possible to retrieve the number when it's with Vodafone, you ported out the number to an alternative provider and the PAC would have expired after 30 days.  It's a shame you didn't use the PAC, move back to Vodafone and keep the SIM active to avoid disconnection.

It is an Ofcom ruling that all PAYG numbers have to be in use, and networks will disconnect the number after 180 days of non use and networks are obliged to notify by text before disconnecting the SIM.

You can try asking the network you ported the number over to but you may find it's already too late and the number would have been disconnected for non use before being returned to the originating network (Vodafone) for recycling.

It unfortunate but the number could be just about anywhere in the system and just about impossible to locate.

BandOfBrothers

@superlusso it's amazing what the Networks can do when they liase with each other.

Speak with Vodafone customer service and the other network to see what they can do for you. 

They'll both try their best to reconnect you with the mobile. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.