Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile data

Mike172006
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have a free sim from Vodafone but the 20gb of dater has stopped working and I have tried everything to get it working again but it is not working

10 REPLIES 10

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Is it not working anywhere you go @Mike172006  ?

And is mobile data definitely turned on in your phone's settings  ?

Try a soft reboot by turning the phone off and on. 

As a troubleshooting step try your sim in another phone. 

If you need assistance try Live Chat kr call Vodafone on 191 or speak to the Vodafone Social Media Team > Vodafone Social Media Team > Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I don't have another phone and I tried everything else

AnnS

Providing you have opted into the extra data @Mike172006 by following this information Extra Data , it will continue for 3 consecutive bundles.

If you are opted in something for you to try.  Go into your settings, connections, data usage and make sure data limit is not set.

Didn't work ether

AnnS

Let's go back to the beginning.

You purchased a PAYG SIM, topped up, sent the text to opt into the wintertime promotion for the extra data, received a text confirmation that it been added.

You were able to use data and would have used the promotional data first before using the core allowance.

Now you have no data access.

Presumably you are in the same location and have sufficient coverage to access the network.

What have you tried so far?

I tried a soft reboot a had no data limit on but the sim was a free sim and says unlimited minutes and texts and 20 gb of data for 6 months but the 20gb has not renewed

AnnS

A question for you @Mike172006 .  Did you opt into the extra data by texting  WINTERPROMO to 49500? Vodafone would have sent you a text confirmation to let you know the promotional data had been added to your account.  If you didn't opt in, you would only have the core 7GB allowance and your data would stop working when the limit was reached.

I would recommend sending the text again, you are still in the time limit.

Check you online account and application both will give your data allowance and amount used.

To add @Mike172006. You have the £10.00 big value bundle with promotional data.

AnnS

@Mike172006 

I have been reading your replies again. There is some confusion and I am thinking you are a pay monthly customer and not PAYG.  

You need your account checked by the Social Team. 

I went into a shop today and they gave me a number to call they said it should be sorted in 24 hours