Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SIM expire date, how to check?

emanresu
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hey just wondering how do I check when my SIM card will expire.

When I need to refill it.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @emanresu 

Providing you use the SIM to make a regular outgoing chargeable connection, the SIM won't expire.  If you refer to the T & C's here: Vodafone PAYG Terms and Conditions Paragraph 6, Vodafone will disconnect the service after 180 days of non use but will receive text notifications advising actions to be taken to avoid losing the service..

I suspect you mean the credit available, this information can be found on this link, scroll down to Frequently Asked Questions: Vodafone PAYG 

View solution in original position

9 REPLIES 9

AnnS

Hi @emanresu 

Providing you use the SIM to make a regular outgoing chargeable connection, the SIM won't expire.  If you refer to the T & C's here: Vodafone PAYG Terms and Conditions Paragraph 6, Vodafone will disconnect the service after 180 days of non use but will receive text notifications advising actions to be taken to avoid losing the service..

I suspect you mean the credit available, this information can be found on this link, scroll down to Frequently Asked Questions: Vodafone PAYG 

Thx for your reply

Will this 180 days countdown reset back to 180 if I just top up without using any paid service?

AnnS

To avoid disconnection @emanresu it is advisable to top up or make a chargeable connection to the network every 90 days preferably sooner.

I have a sim without credit and i am planning keep it without credit till next year (I travel to England Yearly), will the sim allow me to re activate it and put credit on it next year or do i need to get a new one next year.

Hi @Siipy 👋 If you're not going to use the SIM at all whilst you're away from the UK, it will be unlikely that we can reactivate your SIM once you're back. I have included the terms explaining this further below. I hope this helps 🙂

If you don’t use the services for 90 consecutive days, we will send you a SMS notifying you to top up your account or make a chargeable outbound call (but not calls to 191), send a chargeable SMS or use your data. If after 45 days from the first notification you fail to do one of the above, we will send you a final notification via SMS for you to use the services. If the services remain unused after 45 days from the final notification, we will disconnect your mobile equipment and you will lose any credit held on your account.

Is there any way to stop that from happening/ re activate the sim.

Or does a new sim need to be ordered then

@Siipy Apart from using the SIM occasionally for a chargeable service there is no other way of stopping the SIM being disconnected. We can always attempt to reconnect the SIM but the same mobile number would most likely not be available, and we couldn't guarantee that reactivating the SIM would work if the SIM hasn't been active for a period of time. I would advise to order a new SIM when back in the UK, as this will be the simplest and quickest way to get back up and running 🙂

If i dont care about the number would it be easy to get the sim running again since i havent used the number yet

@Siipy We can't guarantee that the SIM can be reconnected if it has been disconnected for no usage, therefore I would recommend getting a new SIM when back in the UK as this will be the quickest and easiest way to get connected again.