Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sim swap issues

Cally1998
2: Seeker

My little sisters phone just broke her phone, im letting her use one of my old ones, however i have tried to move her sim over and its listed as an invalid number, i am able to text or call the number on this phone.

5 REPLIES 5

Cally1998

Can anyone help? Thanks

AnnS
17: Community Champion

You would be trying to do a SIM swap @Cally1998 to change the number to your Sisters. 

Unless you have ordered a plain blank numberless SIM here: SIM swap this won't work.  If your Sister has an account registered in her name she will need to speak to the online advisor.  Please also remember Vodafone would need to send a verification code to your Sisters phone.

As you mention your Sister has broken her phone, it would be best for here to speak to Vodafone and explain the problem.

My sister is only10 years old lol, soo we have to contact vodaphone and get the sim moved over?

AnnS

Of course @Cally1998 

If the phone is only broken, if the SIM fits it can be used in any phone.  Otherwise, it going to mean ordering a PAYG blank SIM from Vodafone or going into a store.

BandOfBrothers

Hi @Cally1998 

Your sister breaking her phone wouldn't have had an impact on her sim card unless the damage to her phone also damaged her sim card while it was in the phone.

She would only need to perform a sim swap if her sim card waant the right size to fit in your phone.

Is it possible her sim , number and account has been de activated by Vodafone for Jon usage.

Contact the Vodafone Customer services team on 191 , Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries and they'll check her account.

A sim swap may not be needed. 

That or try her sim in another phone especially if your phone isn't unlocked to all networks etc.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.