cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Text and Web removed and no longer auto renewing?

Dave400
4: Newbie

Hi all,

Have Vodafone stopped all existing Text and Web freebie users from being able to auto renew as my wife topped up earlier and although the credit was applied, her credit was since deducted £2 for the daily data charge..

I spoke with live chat who stared on about how it was a legacy plan and she should move to a big bundle, my wife doesn't use the phone enough to justify that.

The live chat person applied the Text and Web allowance but said it still won't auto renew and I would have to contact support to have it renabled each time..

I moved my own number from Vodafone to EE 2 months ago as I wasn't happy with the signal quality, now one of the key benefits is being messed with as well??

Should I move my wifes number to EE as well???

3 REPLIES 3

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)

I also have the Text and Web Freebie, and it did auto-renew a few days back, but only after quite a time lag, to around 11am. It used to take until about 8-9am for the renewal to happen, then in the last year it speeded up a lot, and usually renewed quite early in the early hours - not sure, possibly around 1am, though I'm generally asleep then!

So I think it's more likely to be some strain in the accounts system causing delays, rather than anything more worrying, although I admit to getting anxious if there is any sort of delay, as I feel that as a legacy plan it probably won't go on indefinitely. However, on the showing with other plans that have been discontinued, I'm expecting to get proper notification if it is withdrawn.

If it does get withdrawn, I'll probably switch to Freebie Data - the Vodafone signal here is stronger than its rivals, but that's not saying a great deal! I don't send many texts, but I do buy the £5 Extra Minutes some months, if I anticipate making more calls than usual - though you do have to opt out again before the end of the 30 days if you don't want that to auto-renew. Another possibility is the occasional use of the recently introduced Rewards extras for data, minutes or texts.

Admittedly I like messing around, getting the best value on my limited usage, but I realise that doesn't suit everyone, in which case, if an account becomes too troublesome, switching to another available option may make good sense.

HI 

yes they remove it few months ago

Annie_N

@bristolash19910 wrote:

HI 

yes they remove it few months ago

No, definitely not. I still have it on my number, and have friends who still have it.

It's no longer possible to opt in to it, but anyone who already has it, and wishes to keep it, should on no account agree to it being removed from their number.