Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Top Up Credit not showing on my acvount

SalfordSlim
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, I've recently picked up a Vodafone SIM for a 4G router because I'm unable to get any decent broadband in my area. I topped up last month and got the "BigValue20" bundle which costs £20 for 10GB of data and then VF give you an additional 40GB free (giving you 50GB in total). Tbh this was a pain in the backside as it took days on end, numerous calls to VF customer services and a couple of trips into a VF store to get it activated. Eventually I got my 50GB but I got a text a couple of days ago to say it had all been used up (I'm not convinced I've used anywhere near 50GB). Sooooo..... the message said I needed to top up my account and I would again be eligible for the same deal (buy 10GB, get 40GB free) in 48 hours when the new month started. I topped up £20 and waited for it to show up on my account but when I checked again half an hour ago my balance was still showing as £0.

So I used the live chat function and one of the VF C/S advisors told me I managed to use that £20 up in data usage at 1.25pm yesterday! What an absolute load of drivel!!! How can anyone use 20GB of data in one go when the SIM is in my router and when I tried to use my WiFi it is shows as "internet connection not available"? I've basically been using mobile data from my mobile SIM for the last 24 hours.

I've previously looked at my usage on my V/F account and large chunks of data appear to show up as used at random times (2am, 5.35pm etc) and there is no way I'm using this data. I live alone so no-one else is using it either. I'm going into store tomorrow to complain but has anyone else on here had similar problems?

Sorry for the long post/rant, but it's doing my head in and I'm sick of being shafted by mobile/broadband providers who have done nothing but shaft me for the past 6 months!

Cheers

Slim

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @SalfordSlim 

Totally appreciate your stance on this.

Data allowances can be used faster the way your intending to use the sim card but even that's very fast usage.

The Vodafone Highstreet Store may just advise you to contact customer services as they are not in place to deal with account issues.

Account access isn't available via this forum anymore but the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries might be able to help.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks @BandofBrothers

I've messaged them on Twitter but I don't hold out much hope of getting a satisfactory response seeing as the last query I raised took 7 days to rectify!! I'm amazed how poor customer service at VF is, I really am and sending it offshore to cut costs will ultimately cost VF customers.