Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Two pay go sims registered to one My Vodafone account

WelshPaul
16: Advanced member

How does one register a second pay go number against an existing My Vodafone account?

12 REPLIES 12

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Only contract numbers can be merged @WelshPaul 

/Can-I-use-My-Vodafone-with-more-than-one-Vodafone-number-on-my-account.

Payg is one number per myvodafone.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

That’s pants vodafone! 

WelshPaul

Two replies and both contradict each other...

So in theory i go here.

Select "Register with my device number" and enter the code received via SMS. I then can use the same email address and personal information as my existing account and it should get added to my existing account? I wanted to avoid having to setup a whole new email address just to register a second phone number as I will forget it over time.

BandOfBrothers

My intention is not to contradict @WelshPaul 

I'm on Vodafone Payg and have looked through my Payg Vodafone myvodafone and so far cannot see any option to add a 2nd Payg Mobile number to it. 

I look forward to your update.

Current Phone  >

WelshPaul

@AnnS wrote:

I am not sure how this is done for PAYG, there may be a setting on your existing account to add another number.

No, there is no option to add another number. Oddly enough there is this section:

Screenshot 2019-05-23 at 20.26.07.png

While no option to add another number but a section capable of managing different numbers? I could ask CS but to be honest most CS departments are outsourced and don't have a clue when it comes to anything but the basics. Anyway, I just assumed that if I try and register using existing credentials then an error would be displayed stating that the email address is already in use etc? I haven't tried - My second sim should be with me tomorrow so i will update this thread whatever the result.

BandOfBrothers

Thank you @WelshPaul 

I've had a quick look again too after advising that a 2nd Payg mobile number cannot be added.

On the my myvodafone app and on my online myvodafone and cannot yet see an option to add a 2nd payg mobile number to them.

Current Phone  >

AnnS

Hi @WelshPaul 

Now your screenshot is visable it is looking clearer.  When you have received your SIM and it is topped up and connecting to the network you should be able to add the number to your account by following 'add someone to your account'.

However, I am waiting for full confirmation on this for you and hopefully (fingers crossed)  will know later today.

Speak later again.

WelshPaul

@AnnS wrote:

Now your screenshot is visable it is looking clearer.  When you have received your SIM and it is topped up and connecting to the network you should be able to add the number to your account by following 'add someone to your account'.

The trouble with the 'add someone to your account' option is that you still have to register for a whole new my vodafone account which requires another email address to be used and another username. Only then can you proceed to add the new account to an existing my vodafone account. If you do not have another email address how does one register a whole new my vodafone account without creating one? I don't want to sign up for another email account because I will never use it, forget it and I have to agree to terms and additional privacy polices when I don't want to. Maybe i'm being to fussy but it's a very messy approach when all one wants to do is add/register a second pay go number to an existing my vodafone account.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@WelshPaul - I'm sorry for the confusion with the option it's giving on My Vodafone. With Pay as you go, it's only one number per account. Due to this, you'll need separate My Vodafone accounts