Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Having difficulty adding a new SIM to my existing account

Richard_1
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello,

I currently have a 'My Vodafone' account associated with a PAYG SIM, which allows me to log-in via the app or a web-browser to check its balance and top it up when necessary, but now I'm trying to add a second SIM to the account. I've checked through all the menus on the website and in the app but can't seem to find any way to do this.

Should this be possible or do I have to have a separate account with separate login details for each SIM card?

I've already spent hours searching the internet and talking to Vodafone support via the chat system, but nobody seems to be able to help.

Thank you,

Richard

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Richard_1 

Where PAYG is concerned it's only only number per account and you will need a separate My Vodafone account for your additional number.

The additional account will need alternative log in information from the original account with a different user name and password.

Hi Ann,

That's what I suspected. Unfortunately, because 'My Vodafone' uses my email address as the log-in name, this would require me to create and manage new a email account for each SIM card that I want to manage. In the long-term it would be less work for me to order another SIM from another company and then I only have one email account to manage.

Thank you for your help.

Richard

That’s unhelpful vodafone! The whole point of buying into a new  sim  Was to add it to my current account. When will this be changed and life made a middle simpler? 
sorry to be grumpy but…