main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Pay as you go

Two pay go sims registered to one My Vodafone account

4: Newbie

How does one register a second pay go number against an existing My Vodafone account?

View more options
14 REPLIES 14
17: Community Champion

Only contract numbers can be merged @WelshPaul 

/Can-I-use-My-Vodafone-with-more-than-one-Vodafone-number-on-my-account.

Payg is one number per myvodafone.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

Hi @WelshPaul

You should be able to register an account the same way as the first number using the same login details.  The number should then be added to the same account. 

If there are any problems, live chat are there to help.

Edited to add. Where it used to be only one number per account this has changed and all subscriptions can be on the same account. 

View more options

Two replies and both contradict each other...

So in theory i go here.

Select "Register with my device number" and enter the code received via SMS. I then can use the same email address and personal information as my existing account and it should get added to my existing account? I wanted to avoid having to setup a whole new email address just to register a second phone number as I will forget it over time.

View more options

Hi @WelshPaul 

I am not sure how this is done for PAYG, there may be a setting on your existing account to add another number.

However, when the number is added you will be able to see the two PAYG numbers and the usage and bundles for the two numbers.

I suggest for quickness live chat or Customer Services will be able to explain how this can be done.

It used to be the case where you would need a separate account for each PAYG number.  Certainly pay monthly and PAYG accounts can be on the same online account and this should also be the case for PAYG numbers.

View more options

My intention is not to contradict @WelshPaul 

I'm on Vodafone Payg and have looked through my Payg Vodafone myvodafone and so far cannot see any option to add a 2nd Payg Mobile number to it. 

I look forward to your update.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

View more options

@AnnS wrote:

I am not sure how this is done for PAYG, there may be a setting on your existing account to add another number.

No, there is no option to add another number. Oddly enough there is this section:

Screenshot 2019-05-23 at 20.26.07.png

While no option to add another number but a section capable of managing different numbers? I could ask CS but to be honest most CS departments are outsourced and don't have a clue when it comes to anything but the basics. Anyway, I just assumed that if I try and register using existing credentials then an error would be displayed stating that the email address is already in use etc? I haven't tried - My second sim should be with me tomorrow so i will update this thread whatever the result.

View more options

Hi @WelshPaul 

Unfortunately, until your image has been moderated, it won't be able to be viewed.

I am going to get some further clarification for you and will return to the thread as soon as I have the information.

Speak soon.

View more options

Thank you @WelshPaul 

I've had a quick look again too after advising that a 2nd Payg mobile number cannot be added.

On the my myvodafone app and on my online myvodafone and cannot yet see an option to add a 2nd payg mobile number to them.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

View more options

Hi @WelshPaul 

Now your screenshot is visable it is looking clearer.  When you have received your SIM and it is topped up and connecting to the network you should be able to add the number to your account by following 'add someone to your account'.

However, I am waiting for full confirmation on this for you and hopefully (fingers crossed)  will know later today.

Speak later again.

View more options

@AnnS wrote:

Now your screenshot is visable it is looking clearer.  When you have received your SIM and it is topped up and connecting to the network you should be able to add the number to your account by following 'add someone to your account'.

The trouble with the 'add someone to your account' option is that you still have to register for a whole new my vodafone account which requires another email address to be used and another username. Only then can you proceed to add the new account to an existing my vodafone account. If you do not have another email address how does one register a whole new my vodafone account without creating one? I don't want to sign up for another email account because I will never use it, forget it and I have to agree to terms and additional privacy polices when I don't want to. Maybe i'm being to fussy but it's a very messy approach when all one wants to do is add/register a second pay go number to an existing my vodafone account.

View more options

@WelshPaul - I'm sorry for the confusion with the option it's giving on My Vodafone. With Pay as you go, it's only one number per account. Due to this, you'll need separate My Vodafone accounts

View more options

Thank you @Gemma  for the clarification.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

View more options

Hi @Gemma 

Thank you for clarifying @Gemma .

My profound apologies to @WelshPaul  and @BandOfBrothers .  

It's a shame this could not be achieved for PAYG customers.

View more options
7: Helper

It is a frustrating case to be sure. I have two Vodafone SIM cards in my phone and I can alternate between each account if I go into settings on phone and then mobile data and alternate between SIM 1 & 2 whenever I need to swap for data use.

If you have a dual SIM phone, I cannot see a better option I'm afraid.

I tried adding someone to my Vodafone account just to see what happened and you can only add someone new rather than an additional account holder. 

The only real benefit I have is being able to go in two prize draws for the same prize in VeryMe Rewards and get two doughnuts from Gregg's when they appear!

View more options