Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Using arduino with vodafone sim card

harlechs5
1: Seeker

I wonder if anyone can help me. I am trying to use a Vodafone pay as you go sim card with a piece of hardware called an Arduino GSM. I have a project where this hardware receives and then sends back text messages automatically so it requires a sim card. The issue is that the sim card isn't working properly. I tried it with the pay monthly sim card I have and it works but I don't want to use that card. Is there any difference in sim card between the pay monthly and the pay as you go? I've been asking around on many different forums so I thought I'd ask directly on vodafone. I've been to a store and they couldn't help me out- we tried to change the VPN of the sim card but that didn't work. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @harlechs5

No essentially they are the same card but with just the specific account type on them. 

It should work the same. 

That said they are intended for use in phones. 

What you may need to take into account is Vodafone fair usage policy where they can suspend the service if they feel that's being breached. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

John03
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

I'm having the same problem using the V-sim in an SIM800L EVB and and Arduino Nano, using both the example send and receive sms message sketches, I fail to get any thing to work.

How did you get on with your issue, did you get yours to work?