Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

VoLTE on PAYG

kurtph1969
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Quick question from a newbie: is VoLTE available to Vodafone PAYG customers?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

WelshPaul
16: Advanced member

@kurtph1969 wrote:

Quick question from a newbie: is VoLTE available to Vodafone PAYG customers?

No VoLTE is not available to PAYGO customers. If you require such features you are better off using another network.

View solution in original position

14 REPLIES 14

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @kurtph1969 

You may find the information in this similar thread helpful. Link below.

4G calling i.e voLTE depends on a few factors as compatible phones and areas where 4G calling is available.

edit  Going by the recent thread i think it maybe restricted to Pay Monthly however due to the most recent thread I can find > Pay-as-you-go/4G-Calling-and-Call-Waiting-for-Pay-As-You-Go. 

Try making a call while on 4G and see if the data signal drops from 4G to 3G.

4G-VOLTE-Calling-Third-Party-Handset. 

🌈Stay Safe  🌈.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for the link. I agree it should be available to PAYG customers. They're still paying to use the network, just in a different way.

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome @kurtph1969 and I agree.

Calling Over Wi-Fi and voLTE should be available across the board. Sadly some features seem to be exclusively available to Pay Monthly Customers. Maybe to entice them to sign up to a contract - who knows !

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Maybe to entice them to sign up to a contract - who knows !

I have had sim only plans for years... Got fed up of the price increases year in, year out and yet the same plans still being sold to new customers at the original price. Contract lengths getting longer, risk of high bills due to short code scams etc. Anyway, doesn't entice me, I would just switch networks.

Any news related to VoLTE for PAYG customers? I think Vodafone is refarming the 3G spectrum to 4G, which will mean PAYG customers will have less usable reception if they don’t have VoLTE.

WelshPaul

I have had VoLTE and WiFi calling for months here on Vodafone Pay Go.

How did you activate it?

catean
10: Established
10: Established

I've tried to activate it from MyVodafone - Services and Extras - Calling Option - toggle on Wifi and 4G Calling but I get the message : "We can't add this service for you, because you're not eligible for it."

Do I need a Bundle to be eligible? I am on PAYG1 plan.

I'm not with Vodafone but I'm guessing whether or not it works depends on what phone you have. On my phone, it's under mobile networks>advanced>enhanced 4G LTE Mode (and incidentally, it definitely doesn't work on Lebara, despite them using the Vodafone network 😉)