Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

WiFi calling on Samsung S8

Ultima357
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Vodafone announced WiFi calling is now available on my payg Samsung S8 and it's turned on in my account. But the option is not showing up in the settings on the phone, a Samsung S8 running Android 9. Any ideas? Network mode is set to 2G/3G/4G auto connect. This is the only option with 4G. No 4GLTE. VoLTE calls is on. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Well if that's the case that's certainly a welcome addition for payg users especially as the Sure Signal devices have been fazed out.

I would suggest to speak with Live Chat or call customer services on 191 and ask them to send an OTA configuration.

Some further possible help.

Text the word CALLING to 97888
This is a free text which will add the service to your account
You should receive the following confirmation text:
Thanks. We’ll add Wi-Fi Calling to your account in the next 24 hours and will let you know when you’re all set up.
If you’d like to discuss this with us, or if you have any other issues, you can find more info here or contact us
Once you receive the confirmation text, switch on Wi-Fi Calling in your settings
Go to Settings, scroll down and choose the Application icon
Choose Phone and scroll down until you see Wi-Fi Calling – select the box beside this option
A pop-up will appear asking you to confirm if you want to enable Wi-Fi Calling – tap OK"

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

20 REPLIES 20

AnnS

Hi @Ultima357 

At the moment WiFi calling and VoLTE is only available to pay monthly customers.

See here: WiFi calling paragraph 6

BandOfBrothers

@Ultima357 

“ Vodafone announced WiFi calling is now available on my payg Samsung S8

Where did Vodafone announce Calling Over Wi-Fi  is now available on Payg ? Please can you link to that.

Calling Over WiFi will only show on the phone if Vodafone push the configuration to the phone.

All the information right now shows Calling Over Wi-Fi is available to Pay Monthly customers.

Current Phone  >

It's on my account (wasn't previously) and they sent me a text today as it was launched today. 

BandOfBrothers

Well if that's the case that's certainly a welcome addition for payg users especially as the Sure Signal devices have been fazed out.

I would suggest to speak with Live Chat or call customer services on 191 and ask them to send an OTA configuration.

Some further possible help.

Text the word CALLING to 97888
This is a free text which will add the service to your account
You should receive the following confirmation text:
Thanks. We’ll add Wi-Fi Calling to your account in the next 24 hours and will let you know when you’re all set up.
If you’d like to discuss this with us, or if you have any other issues, you can find more info here or contact us
Once you receive the confirmation text, switch on Wi-Fi Calling in your settings
Go to Settings, scroll down and choose the Application icon
Choose Phone and scroll down until you see Wi-Fi Calling – select the box beside this option
A pop-up will appear asking you to confirm if you want to enable Wi-Fi Calling – tap OK"

Current Phone  >

Yes thanks. I was onto 191 and then tech support when your message came through. It is as you suggested so I've now sent the text. Pity vf didn't include this instruction in the text they sent me! It has been enabled in payg since 18th Jan according to the lady I spoke to. Thanks for the help. 

AnnS

@Ultima357 wrote:

It's on my account (wasn't previously) and they sent me a text today as it was launched today. 

Hi @Ultima357 

Can you please copy the text to the thread.  You should be able to screenshot from your phone.

• Thank you for asking to turn on WiFi calling. All you need to do now is restart your phone and you'll be all set to make and receive calls over WiFi. Just to note, you may also need to switch this feature on in your phone's settings. Need a hand? Our interactive device guides can help. Just visit https://deviceguides.vodafone.co.uk to find the instructions for your phone.Thank you for asking to turn on WiFi calling. All you need to do now is restart your phone and you'll be all set to make and receive calls over WiFi. Just to note, you may also need to switch this feature on in your phone's settings. Need a hand? Our interactive device guides can help. Just visit https://deviceguides.vodafone.co.uk to find the instructions for your phone.

The above is the text message I received 

AnnS

Hi @Ultima357 

If you texted CALLING to 77888 to add WiFi calling to your account, that is the automated text message response sent out to all customers.  The problem you are going to have is with being a PAYG customer Vodafone would have been unable to add the service to your account.  

If WiFi calling was available to PAYG customers it would have been announced on the PAYG page of the website and the information added to Big Value Bundles here: Vodafone PAYG and announced on the support pages here WiFi Calling   There are also the Terms and Conditions to consider, the Terms would have been updated on the website.  

I have asked for clarification from the Social Team on the forum, they will be able to give the correct answer and the solution you need.

Hi AnnS. They texted me first, so hence my question. After speaking to support, they confirmed that they introduced WiFi calling to payg customers on the 18th January and that I needed to do the text to get the configuration sorted. I'm expecting to get it within 24hrs. I will update this thread tomorrow.