Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

re-connect lost number

xjwang01
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi everyone.

I lost my PAUG number due to 180 days non-use and missed a warning text message from Vodafone (Working aboard and Covid related issues completely took my mind elsewhere), now while waiting for Covid test result via this very number, I realized that I lost it. Called customer service, they tried to re-connect for me, but seems system is auto cancel such re-connect request..., anyone has ideas on how to get the number back please. I had it for 20 years and use it a lot, but with free i-messages and apps, did not realise I have not used the charged function for such a long time...

Thanks for your advice.

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @xjwang01 

The only thing you can do is speak to the Social Media Team here: Contact us for Account Specific Enquiries 

The problem you are going to have is the number will already be disconnected for non use and could be anywhere in the system and impossible to locate but it all depends on how long the number has been disconnected.   Try ringing the number if you get a message to the effect that it is not connected, this will mean the number is waiting to be assigned to a new customer.

Hi AnnS, many thanks for your comment. Yes when I ring the number, it is a disconnected tone. Do you mean I have no way to get it back? I have had it for close to 20 years, so everything is on it, plus I am waiting for Covid test result on it..., Will contact social media. Thanks again.