Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Account Problems

ryand
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello everyone,

Really hoping for some help after a nightmare of a month with Vodafone. My number was originally under a family member's name but always paid using my debit card. We were advised by one of the sales people in a Vodafone store that my account would need to be transferred to my own name. Completed the transfer form and everything transferred correctly.

2 days later, I receive another text notification from Vodafone to say the account has been transferred so when I check the app, I can see another person's number has been added and mine removed. Contacted online chat help and they tell me that my number doesn't belong to me anymore and that it is registered under someone else. After alot of phone calls, the transfer team said they made a mistake when moving the numbers and it got mixed up somehow. The other number was removed and my original number returned to me. Unfortunately, since the number has been returned I don't have access to any of my account information. When I login on a web browser to My Vodafone it says I do not have any active plans and as a result I am unable to see any usage data, or indeed any data. When I click on the Plans tab, I can see my number but when I click on it, I receive an error message to say "Something went wrong". I am unable to check anything on the app as well since it immediately brings up an error message too after I send my login details.

2 weeks ago, the help team said they would reset my account and to wait a week before registering again. I did that and the problems remained. On Saturday, I contacted them again and they assured me that another reset would fix all these issues. I have now tried this again today after waiting beyond the 48 hours and the problems remain. 

Is there any advice for how to get this resolved because it has taken just under a month to get this far, with alot of time spent on the phone or with online chat without it being corrected? I still would like to make sure I won't be charged for the other person's number but would really like to be able to get my own account sorted too obviously.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

MarkD

Hi @ryand, we're going have to take a look at your Vodafone account to find out what has previously been done and what the next steps are. If you send us a message over Facebook or Twitter, our team will be happy to help, you can find the contact details here

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

The Social Media team are very helpful.  If you include a link to your forum post, you won't have to repeat yourself.

Thank you, I had sent a message to the team a few hours ago including the link to this post so hopefully they will have a chance to look at it soon.

Cheers for the update @ryand, I'm sure the team will be in touch soon 👍