Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Additional Charge - Gamers?

jackbudd90
1: Seeker

Hi,

Looking to see if anyone can help - I seem to be getting an additional charge every 2 weeks for £3.00, for something called Gamers03300538757 on my bill, not sure what this is or why I'm being charged?

Anyone able to help or had something similar?

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3

ReedPR
8: Helper
8: Helper

@jackbudd90

I've had a quick look on Google for you. That reference comes up in numerous websites from people in the same situation as you.

The company is Gamers Ville and they operate on the internet on adverts that offer a gaming service that charges you per week. What it looks like you may have have done is inadvertently clicked on the advert by mistake and subscribed to this premium service.

Did you receive any text messages from a 5 digit number to say you have subscribed to anything? If you have, just send STOP in response back to it. The good news is it appears on your bill and can easily be tracked to find out what 5 digit number you text back if you have none on your phone.

I wish you luck Jack and sorry to hear this. It is not much compensation for you but know that many people have been scammed by similar companies to this. Just mindful in the future of any adverts on the internet and inadvertently clicking on them.

If you use Google Chrome, you can change your settings to stop popups and redirects. It won't stop the adverts but it will stop these companies redirecting you to their premium services.

Hi I am having the same problem have spoken with Vodafone they were no help!! Can anyone please tell me where I can find the five digit number on my bill I'm losing money here!! 

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@scully10 There's usually an additional charges/out of bundle charges section on your bill - you'll need to check the full itemised bill. If you aren't sure, we can try and find this for you 😊 
So we can help, please get in touch with us via our Social Media channels. You can speak to us via Facebook Messenger at Vodafone UK, or contact us on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK. Please remember to include the link to this thread, along with your username.