Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Age Verification ????

warpc0il
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Why do Vodafone assume I have a credit card to verify my age?

They already have my date of birth on record and I've been a customer for over 20 years.

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

A credit card is the best way for a person to prove their age credentials due a person having to be 18 years of age to own one do it's a good indicator for Vodafone @warpc0il 

I do not use a Credit Card so I ended up going into a Vodafone Highstreet Store with identification and they lifted the bar in house. Obviously I appreciate they are closed at the moment with the Lockdown restrictions.

You could try speaking with Live Chat or Customer service on 191 or the Vodafone Social Media Team's via Twitter or Facebook Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries and they might be able to help.

Code-of-practice/content-control 

How-do-I-change-my-age-restricted-content-settings. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Singlelaw
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

It is very annoying. I have spent ages on this already and am over sixty! My credit card is along the lines of Mrs A B Smith. My vodafone account Alice Smith so the vodafone app will not accept Alice and Mrs A B Smith are the same person. Going to a vodafone shop would take hours and hours of time. Surely there is another way such as emaling vodafone a passport copy? I have been a customer continuously with them since the 1990s and am clearly over 60 never mind over 18.

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Singlelaw! If you have a Social Media account, please reach out to the team and they'll be able to remove the age restriction for you manually if you're having trouble verifying your age with your credit card

I managed it later by putting my initials and removing Mrs (which is on the  credit card but not on my vodafone account) [although I think found the setting was default at all content allowed rather than restricted so put it to the wrong setting and had to restart and then default to no restrictions on content] ., Anyway it seems fine now.