Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Annual upgrade problems

oden007
2: Seeker

Having major problems with Vodafone been with them for many years and took an S21 ultra out on contract in 2021 and was told I'm eligible for the annual upgrade promise, tried to upgrade today and keep getting told I did not qualify for it as I hadn't taken the contract out between January 14th to march 31st 2021 they keep telling me I took it out in July even though https://mobdro.bio/  on my orders it states it was in the first week of march.

I was on the chat for 4 hours they said they would compensate me and I could trade my phone in only too then get told all the staff have went home and to try again tomorrow.

I don't even want to deal with them again and want to leave.

Has anyone else had these issues ?

4 REPLIES 4

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for reaching out to us about this @oden007 - whilst the Annual Upgrade Promise isn't available to new customers now, it should still be available to any customers who took out an eligible plan previously. 

From the information you've provided, it sounds like you took out your last upgrade early in the March and the new commitment date went from when your previous one ended in July - resulting in the confusion when you've been in touch. 

Although we can't place any upgrade orders via social media, we can can double check the date of your last upgrade order for you - please just come and chat to my team securely via Facebook or Twitter, and if you include a link back to your Community post you won't need to repeat yourself either 🙂

Mike280116

Hi 

I have been having the same problem today. I have had an annual upgrade for the past 2 years. Last year I said will i get the same next year they said yes. So 12 months later I try this week and get told I can’t anymore. They do this so you sign into a contract with them. They offered me compensation and admitted they should not of told me I would get one as they no longer do it anymore. 

Mike280116

Also if you go on Vodafone website they are advertising the annual upgrade but won’t give it you either I can send you the link if you want

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Mike280116 - I've replied to your other post. I understand how this may look when you first view the information on our website. If you scroll down our Annual Upgrade Promise page, you'll find our 'Frequently asked questions'. These explain it's for existing customers on an eligible plan and goes through the qualifying information.