cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Another new contract new phone questions!

jo46
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have looked but no answer is exactly the same!  I am out of contract and want to get a new iPhone on black Friday but still with vodafone keeping the same number . I know that I will get a better deal with a 3rd party.  I have done this before but I was naive last time and didn't realise you had to give 30 days notice even it you're out of contract.  

So, I will terminate my contract around the end of October to give a months notice but then what do I do?

Is it best to do the 'GiffGaff' sim thing that I've read about - that seems to be only right if you just want a new contract.  Anyway, I've asked the question, hope you can help.  Thanks in advance

11 REPLIES 11

donnyguy
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hey,

If you're porting out with a PAC code to another network then back in again, there is no 30 day requirement when out of contract.

If you're asking Vodafone to migrate you to PAYT, there's a 30 day notice period. 

If you're asking Vodafone to close your account, there's a 30 day notice period. 

So depends on the route you're taking.

ok.  I appreciate I'm probably annoying as I'm not getting it but I think my aim is to port out.

Ask vodafone for a PAC code. 

get a PAYG sim card

put it in my my current phone use the PAC code to transfer my phone number

request a PAC from the my new sim provider

I'll get a new phone with a new vodafone monthly contract from a third party and use this new PAC to transfer my phone number back.

My, hopefully, last question is: when I ask vodafone for a PAC code (which transfers my number) does that automatically, once used, stop my old monthly contract?