Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Apparently my account is fraudulent?

matt33223366
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hey all, this is a bit of a long-winded message I apolgise

So I recently joined Vodafone and ordered the iPhone 12 pro max 128GB Pacific Blue (On the 19th November) and I understand that it is on backorder. However since then a lot of things have happened that have caused my account to be labelled as potentially fraudulent, but the problem is I do not have the details required to even prove it is me.

I am going to list the issues below:

-To start with the Vodafone account that I was sent in an email, containing a standard username and password, to activate my account does not work. 

-They ask me for an account number and my Vodafone number but I have neither because my phone has not arrived and I cannot log into my account. Because of this customer support cannot verify it is my account so they cannot help me anyway.

-I got a message a few weeks ago also stating my direct debit has stopped (It is worth noting I haven't had to pay anything yet) but on my banks side they say it is still set up. I cannot log in so I cannot change it.

- I got an email from Vodafone also saying that my Account email has been changed and that they would email my email with updates (So the email had been changed to the one it already was? This was confusing) But I have not changed any details on my account since buying the Phone and SIM.

If I had my phone number I could create my Vodafone account or at least contact customer support but I do not have this or an account number. They also asked me for a 4 digit pin that I have not even created. Essentially all i have done is buy the phone and sim and do anything they required of me then.

My hope was perhaps a moderator could help me rather than having to go through the social media page or TOBI Or perhaps someone here knows what to do. (It is also once again worth noting I phoned the customer service line but I need my Vodafone Phone number once again to even get past the automated section.)

I can list all the emails that have been sent to me if needed.

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Unfortunately there is no account access via this forum @matt33223366 so I would suggest the Vodafone Social Media Team's via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries 

They'll be able to help.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @matt33223366 

I don't thing you have anything to be concerned about here, you have only ordered the phone and at the moment due to the high demand it is on back order.

When you make an order an account is pre set up ready for use when you receive the phone, you are then able to log in and change the user name and password to your choice.  Until the phone is received and your number has been activated on the network giving Vodafone an account for you to verify when making contact as you are not yet a customer Vodafone won't be able to help in any way.

All you should have received would be an email confirmation of the order, Vodafone will keep you updated throughout the order with email updates and if the credit check has cleared you will know exactly when you will receive the phone.

As far as the direct debit is concerned, although you probably have already checked with the bank that it is still active, it might be worth double checking, banks can get a little concerned when a direct debit has been set up for a mobile co.

Vodafone would have provided an order number and it won't be any harm using live chat, they will be able to confirm that the credit check has cleared and the order is still active for you to receive the device and become a Vodafone customer.

Also further information for you here: Welcome to Vodafone 

edited to add: @matt33223366 If you ordered 19th November, you should have received the phone by now.  If you are receiving this information from Vodafone, there may be an issue with the credit check.

If you use live chat you need to specifically ask them if the credit check has cleared.

@AnnS wrote:

Hi @matt33223366 

I don't thing you have anything to be concerned about here, you have only ordered the phone and at the moment due to the high demand it is on back order.

When you make an order an account is pre set up ready for use when you receive the phone, you are then able to log in and change the user name and password to your choice.  Until the phone is received and your number has been activated on the network giving Vodafone an account for you to verify when making contact as you are not yet a customer Vodafone won't be able to help in any way.

All you should have received would be an email confirmation of the order, Vodafone will keep you updated throughout the order with email updates and if the credit check has cleared you will know exactly when you will receive the phone.

As far as the direct debit is concerned, although you probably have already checked with the bank that it is still active, it might be worth double checking, banks can get a little concerned when a direct debit has been set up for a mobile co.

Vodafone would have provided an order number and it won't be any harm using live chat, they will be able to confirm that the credit check has cleared and the order is still active for you to receive the device and become a Vodafone customer.

Also further information for you here: Welcome to Vodafone 

edited to add: @matt33223366 If you ordered 19th November, you should have received the phone by now.  If you are receiving this information from Vodafone, there may be an issue with the credit check.

If you use live chat you need to specifically ask them if the credit check has cleared.

Hey! I use the tracking number to see what the order is and it says 'Order confirmed - Back order' . I contacted Vodafone and they could confirm that the order was still open so that it is at least good news.