Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Auto Reply to Messages

tonymc
4: Newbie

Hi,

A while ago I posted to see if it was possible to forward messages, as I will be travelling but am unable to take my phone with me.

As it doesn't seem to be possible to either set up a forwarding from within Vodafone, or indeed to use one of the third party apps to forward to an e-mail when the phone will not be switched on, I was wondering if there is a way to set up an auto response just so that anyone who messages realises that I cannot access my phone and can contact me via other means.

Many thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

There won't be anything you can set up for SMS messages @tonymc ,  If you are going to be away from your online account and Application bars you can turn off all SMS messages.  You would be able to set up an extended absence voicemail greeting with a number to call for any emergency, just follow the voicemail prompts to set this up.  

If you use Outlook you would be able to set up an automatic out of office auto reply for your emails.  There is further information on this from a Google search.

Thanks for confirming that - I have to admit that I suspected it would not be an option.!!