Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cancelling Pay-Monthly SIM but no longer have phone

TooManyMobiles
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello. I have a pay-monthly SIM on my own phone. I no longer need the phone or SIM since upgrading and have removed the SIM from the phone and reset the phone to factory settings. I *should* have cancelled the service before doing that, but didn't. I'd like to be able to just provide my details to Vodafone to cancel my account, but the automation is telling me to 'send a message from the phone.' I'd like to not set it up again if I can avoid that. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @TooManyMobiles 

I see you have said that you have upgraded 

Does that mean you've taken out another Vodafone contract with a completely new number ?

Or have you upgraded your current contract  ?

Or have you taken out a contract with another network  ?

If you've taken out another Vodafone contract and want to not use your previous mobile number then call 191 or the landline. Number I've given below and give 30 days notice.

Or use Live Chat.

Or call 03333040191

This link proves all the information your going to need in relation to cancelling your previous Vodafone contract.

cancel-your-account. 

It also gives information about Pac and Stac options.

Please do not cancel your direct debit as Vodafone would typically do this once they've collected any final monies owed. You'll get a sorry your leaving letter and a £0 bill.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers

Hi @TooManyMobiles 

I see you have said that you have upgraded 

Does that mean you've taken out another Vodafone contract with a completely new number ?

Or have you upgraded your current contract  ?

Or have you taken out a contract with another network  ?

If you've taken out another Vodafone contract and want to not use your previous mobile number then call 191 or the landline. Number I've given below and give 30 days notice.

Or use Live Chat.

Or call 03333040191

This link proves all the information your going to need in relation to cancelling your previous Vodafone contract.

cancel-your-account. 

It also gives information about Pac and Stac options.

Please do not cancel your direct debit as Vodafone would typically do this once they've collected any final monies owed. You'll get a sorry your leaving letter and a £0 bill.

Current Phone  >

Thanks BandOfBrothers! I'm actually taking out a new contract with EE for 5g so new phone and new service plan. I'll try the information you suggested, some of which I am hoping will work without having to use the original SIM. If so I guess I can stick it back in. I appreciate the help!

You're very welcome @TooManyMobiles 

Vodafone cancel the contract on their side so their wouldn't be a need to insert the sim to achieve this.

All the best.

Current Phone  >