Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cancelling contract early and buy a new contract

EmilyR21
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I want to cancel my IPhone 7 pay monthly contract. It doesn’t finish until July however it’s very slow and doesn’t work well so I want to cancel it now and get an IPhone 11 pay monthly but I’m not sure how to go about it given under the current circumstances I’m unable to go into a store

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Can you elaborate as to what you mean by slow @EmilyR21 

i.e is it how fast your data allowance works by using it to surf the Internet or hotspot / tether to ?

Or is it on general too like calls and texts ?

Or is your current data allowance speed capped ?

Take a look at your masts here status-checker 

And use the tips and template in Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template 

How are things if you commute away from your home area ?

If they get better then cancelling and paying the Early Termination Fee to start a new contract and then maybe having to go through the process of keeping your mobile number to move it to the new contract probably won't help to be honest.

More about moving your number here …

Moving old vodafone number onto new Vodafone Contract Credits to AnnS.
There are two ways this can be done.

1.  Cancel the old contract and ask for the number to be moved to PAYG.  The number will be scheduled to move to PAYG after 30 days.  You will then receive a new PAYG SIM card to activate and top up a small amount to get it active on the network.  You will then be able to transfer the number to the new contract.

2.  Ask Vodafone for a PAC code, move the old number to an alternative network, use the SIM as PAYG on the other network and ask for a PAC code to move the number onto the new contract.If your original contract near it’s end date ? If not then actioning the above would end it and invoke any relavent early termination fee. 

If you feel its the phone at issue then if you can as a process of elimination try your sim card in another phone and then see what happens.

You could look at the option of a Flexi Upgrade  Upgrading-changing-plans/What's-a-Flexi-upgrade-and-how-do-I-get-one. 

If your intent on cancelling or maybe taking out a 2nd line then here are some links to explain.

Cancel-your-account and Early Termination Fee.  

I-want-to-cancel-my-Pay-monthly-service. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.