cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cancelling one contract & keeping number?

jrocky
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I'm looking for some advice.

I upgraded my account into a 12 month contract recently as my old contract was expiring. In fact the old contract was meant to expire yesterday and since checking my Vodafone account, its now on a rolling contract?? I want to cancel this as my account is showing I now have two contracts, one which is the expired one (still renewing) and one I have recently taken out. However when I took the new contract, it gave me a new phone number aswell? I would only want the original phone number swapped into the new contract and the expired contract terminated so it is no longer renewing every month.

The old contract number we will call 123 and new contract number we will call 987.

the old contract (123) that should've expired yesterday on (23/04) is showing up as 'renews in 30 days - from 23 April to 23 May' ?

The new contract (987) under the same account is a completely different phone number which I don't want and has now started running from: 24 April to 23 May - 

These are both pay monthly contracts that are across 12 months maximum. Can anyone help??

1 REPLY 1

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @jrocky it sounds like you've taken out an additional line rather than upgrading your existing contract. If you'd like to move the number from your original contract over the new contract you've taken out, you'll need first start by speaking to our Cancellations team on 191, and request your old contract by moved down to Pay As You Go. If you're out of contract for this number, there shouldn't be any additional charges for this. 

Once the number you'd like to keep has bee moved over to Pay As You Go, you'll then need to fill in our Keep My Number form, which you can find here. Once that's been filled in, your old number will replace the new number, and the Pay As You Go account will close leaving you with the one contract and your correct number.