Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Charged for Closed Account

EmeraldJ
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi all,

Today upon checking my credit score I noticed that I'd been adversely hit by two missed Vodafone payments, one for November and one for December. However, I closed my account in October. The amount is also a lot lower than what I was paying for my monthly tariff when I was a Vodafone customer, so I am unsure of what they are for.

I've tried getting in touch using the live chat and the customer service number, but as I no longer have an account they've both been dead ends.

I paid off my last bill in full and used a PAC code to transfer my number to a new contract, so I'm unsure as to why these charges have occurred and surprised at the damage they've done to my credit score

Any help would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @EmeraldJ 

See here Final bill  

You will be receiving 2 bills after leaving  the last bill will have a 0.00 balance as your confirmation that the account is closed. 

@EmeraldJ 

As you have already tried to contact Vodafone but without a Vodafone number you are unable to speak to an advisor, follow this link and speak to the Social Team

they will have the necessary account access and still be able to access the closed account and find the reason for the November and December charges.

I'm afraid that doesn't help me at all. I paid my final bill (October 2020), but I've supposedly missed two further payments (November and December) which have adversely affected my credit score.

As my account is closed, I cannot check my Vodafone account (I used a PAC code to close my account and move my number to a new network), and since my number is no longer registered I cannot use that to access any account information.

hrym

There's a dedicated Credit File Support team that can help you with this.   In the first instance, drop a line to the Social Media team on Facebook or Twitter and they'll be able to get this escalated for you.

BandOfBrothers

If.you ring 0333 3040191 and ignore the prompts to key on a mobile number it should then put you through to an agent @EmeraldJ 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.