cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Chasing Refund I'm owed due to Vodafone error - Customer service useless, exhausting + dead end.

WillJG
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi there,

Even as I write this I feel my blood pressure rising... I’m so fed up with explaining the issue I am experiencing to customer service agents who are just desperate to get me off the call.

On November the 26th I was overcharged on my bill due to an error with Vodafones online bill payment page. I noticed this error pretty much immediately and called the help line to bring attention to this to get it refunded. The person on the line said that wouldn’t be an issue and that the payment would be processed in the next 3-5 working days.

3-5 working days go by and I hear/receive nothing - I call the helpline to be told that it has been processed and I should contact my bank… Vodafone provided a a 6 digit reference number that Monzo pretty much laughed off saying that it was an internal reference number that was useless to track a transaction.

This process has been repeated 7 times now - each time the customer service agent acts like they have fixed the issue and the money will be returned in 3 - 5 working days - I wait paitently and nothing arrives. Multiple times I’ve been told a customer agent will call and check in on me (MIRIUM) but they never do.

Vodafone have had my money for almost two months and I have no idea how to get it back off them. They refuse to provide me with the correct ARN number to reference the transaction and they purposely don’t provide and email correspondence you can use as proof of anything they say!

Even the online chat doesn’t provide chat logs when requested - I honestly think there’s malpractice happening here. The only written proof I have from Vodafone confirming this refund to be processed is multiple text messages - all of them have incorrect details and spelling mistakes.

I’ve been a customer with Vodafone since 2010 and I’ve not received an apology or even acknowledgement of the original error… I’ve had agents lie, misdirect and be just downright rude. This is on top of an overcharged insurance issue they texted me about two months prior.

I’m lost for words and exhausted - £117 is a lot of money to me.. especially over the holidays and its insignificant to a company like Vodafone. 

I’m on the verge of giving up and I feel like thats exactly what they want. 

16 REPLIES 16

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @WillJG 

Vodafone usually refund by giving a bill credit, as this was November and it would have been tooo late to include the credit in December's bill and the credit should be on this months bill.

However, with that amount of overcharge, you are entitled to get the money refunded direct to your bank.  You have two choices here, you can speak to the Social Team here: Contact Us or go the complaints route here: Complaints .   

Hi there,

I understand that - and I've discussed both options at length with no resolution.

The two options you have listed below have not helped so far - I'm really looking for a third option! Someone who can ACTUALLY do something to help me :Sad_face:

The funds were taken from my card in addition to the actual bill payment - as this was an error with Vodafone it should be refunded directly to my card!

Vodafone cant just take money from you and hold it hostage like they're currently doing. Why can no one give me an correspondence by email or letter? It feels like they are purposely doing this to stop me having any evidence!

Are there any legitimate employees of Vodafone on here to assist? I'm really fed up of receiving the same regurgitated line like this.. its neither unsightful or helpful

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @WillJG, for security reasons we're unable to access accounts for queries raised through public forums such as our Community. So we can can take a look into this and come to a suitable solution for you, pop us a private message through one of our social channels and one of our team will be able to complete security, take a look into this for you and refund any credit showing on your account. 

With all due respect - I've got in contact several times via both chat services and phone services to no avail... its just useless. They get you to repeat the issue even though its supposedly 'logged on your account', don't know how to assist and ask if they can call you back... which they never do.

Does anyone have any advice on how to handle an issue like this? Is there a way to get through to someone above the basic advisor? Is there an email address or postal address to have some sort of chain of correspondence? Can the brick and mortar stores assist with these issues?

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I can understand your frustration @WillJG, but as I advised earlier, we're unable to discuss your account through our Community. If you reach out to our team through Facebook at Vodafone UK, or on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK, we'll pick this up, check what credit is available on your account and get this refunded back to you.

Could you let me know an address to send a letter or email please?

If you're looking for the customer service details, we would recommend that you send us a private message on Facebook or Twitter, our social media team will be happy to help. If you're unhappy with the response, if you follow the link that was sent over by @AnnS, this will direct you to the Customer Care number or our Live Chat team. 

Spoke to the customer care team yesterday who promised to look into it and call back in the afternoon - no one ever called back.

What am I supposed do now? Could you just answer my questions like a human please - do you have a postal address or email I could use to contact customer service?