Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Closed account showing active on credit report

pgpollard
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Approximately 4 months ago I changed from Pay Monthly to Pay as you go, but the Vodafone Pay Monthly account is still showing as active on my credit report. About 2 weeks ago, I spoke to a Vodafone customer service representative via online chat to request that this information be updated on my credit report to reflect the fact that the account is now closed. The representative told me that someone would look into it within the next 4 working days, but too date the account is still showing as Active on my credit report. Please help

14 REPLIES 14

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there @Carthik_d - I know how important it is to have the right information on your credit file. 

It sounds like we need to update your account to show it's fully closed, so we can get this done for you please pop my team a message via social media. 

stuebbs
4: Newbie

I haven’t been a VF customer since 2018, yet I have an active account showing on my credit file. I don’t have the capacity to contact customer services, they are the reason I left. 

I am in the same boat, I too have an account that hasn’t been used since 2018 still showing as active, but I notice you haven’t had a response. I don’t have the energy to deal with VF customer service to not get it resolved

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @stuebbs, we'd be more than happy to look into this and remove the account from your credit file. As we'll need access to your old account to do this, please pop us a private message via one of our social channels with your details and a link to your post and we'll get this sorted for you.

BobbyVjay
1: Seeker

Iv not been a VF customer for probably 7+ years and still shows on my credit report at active.