Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Contract sim compatibility.

harrykerr
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

If I was to buy an iphone 12 mini 24 month contract, would I be able to use the sim from the contract in other unlocked phones?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

You most certainly can @harrykerr .  The contract is airtime only and providing the phone takes the same size SIM you are able to use the SIM in any phone you wish.

When you swap SIM you may need to download the correct APN settings by texting WEB to 40127 but you should receive a text prompt to download the settings.

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS

You most certainly can @harrykerr .  The contract is airtime only and providing the phone takes the same size SIM you are able to use the SIM in any phone you wish.

When you swap SIM you may need to download the correct APN settings by texting WEB to 40127 but you should receive a text prompt to download the settings.

BandOfBrothers

That's the plus side to owning an unlocked to all networks phone @harrykerr 

You can use any sim in them.

Vodafone are not bothered what phone you use the sim in as long as you pay the bill each month  :Winking_smiley:

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for the response, thats good news for me!

BandOfBrothers

People like to change phones so it's good that Network's  don't try and stand in the way of that @harrykerr as phone's and software improves quite quickly nowadays.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.