Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Credi report error

bexfreeman89
1: Seeker

I left vodafone 12 months or so ago and noticed an 'unpaid' charge from them on my credit file. I've since called and paid the £25 balance but my credit file still hasn't been updated by them and its been months. I'm about to lose my house over this as my credit rating has fallen drastically just because of this small charge which looks as though its remained unpaid for over a year. 

I've tried writing to vodafone, talking on chat and calling and not got anywhere. Has anyone had any other experience of this? I really need some help. 

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

If a default is warranted then even when it's been paid off it would still show for 6 years from the default date, however it should show as settled on your Credit File. 

Speak with the Vodafone Social Media Team via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries as they can pass this onto their Credit File Teams for consideration. 

Experian can put a Notice of Correction on your file if they feel it's warranted too. 

I appreciate from personal experience when I was younger how damaging something like this can be. 

Some Mortgage Lenders do still offer their services when a default is showing however you may have to shop around. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.