cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Credit file report error on a closed account, which is still showing as active on Trans Union?

coga
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Would anyone be able to advise me how to find someone in the vodafone team to remove a missed payment from my account record, AFTER I the account had been closed for 3 months? I closed the account in April, paid the final bill, then in August Vodafone reported a missed payment to Trans Union and my credit dived. I called Vodafone six times, have been on the phone for 5 hours in total and after lots of conflicting advice was told it had been rectified and the credit file would be updated. I never owed money. Instead, this month Vodafone have reported a payment on the account, it is still showing as active and they have not removed the false missed payment. The call center told me today there is no one else to speak to, the credit file team do not have a number. I tried the chatbot but it does not understand the query. I am desperate to resolve the mistake Vodafone have made and have ruined my credit score. Any help or advice gratefully received. 

1 REPLY 1

Effie

Hi @coga I'm sorry to hear that this happened and that it hasn't been resolved. Please drop the Social Media Team a message here and they will be able to speak to the Credit File team for you to get this put right.