Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Credit default

Mh957
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi 

I took out a phone contact on the 26/09/2014. I returned the phone 12 days later 06/09/2014 within a two week timed period we’re I was told that I could if I changed my mind. Now for 6 years I waited for this default to come off my credit file but now they’ve some how updated  my default and made it on 21/11/2021.  Now I shouldn’t even have this on my credit as I returned the phone in time and for 8 years now I’ve not been able to take out any credit of any sort because of £34. I first called your team on the 21/12/2021 to explain this whole situation. I’ve been told it got sent to another company. Called that company and they explained if it doesn’t  have our name on the credit file then it’s with Vodafone. It’s say vodafone on my credit on Experian. I then called again over the next 6 months going on lots of loose ends with no resolution.  I don’t understand how a very large company can make such a mistake and expect someone to resolve this when there’s no help at all it’s taken 6 months to read other forums to finally see others have gone through similar situations as I have. Now some more details of what I’ve had to do from your advisors on the credit team that says that my profile doesn’t exist on there system because it’s on there old system but then we’re able to tell me where they sold my file to with my account number on it so it doesn’t make sense. One lady said she’ll call me back the next day to pay the £34 but didn’t. She was from the banking team. The next time I called I got told to call Experian, I did and  asked them to remove it from my file. They said they weren’t able to do that and vodafone as to and he also explained why I got defaulted in 2021 and that vodafone didn’t even default my credit file it’s was just on there for 6 years before they decided to default it which made no sense at all to me. Probably like this whole thing doesn’t. But after that long conversation they said they’ll basically flag up my file on to vodafone so they could see it but it will take two weeks. Called back again a month later repeatedly and was told it doesn’t exist or email this or do that but no solution. Long story short can you remove this off my file I’ve suffered enough not being able to apply for a mortgage or loans for 8 years and I’ve had enough. Please can someone actually sort this out because I can’t believe £34 is causing this much trouble in my life. 

5 REPLIES 5

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Unfortunately, @Mh957 you would still need to pay for the 12 days you had use of the number.

Drop the Social Team a message here: Contact Us they have a dedicated team and will put you in direct contact with the Credit Team who will help as much as possible.

BandOfBrothers

Hi @Mh957 

I totally understand and appreciate your unimpressed and frustrated at what's happening with this.

I've had similar experiences years ago in regards to having a default that lasted 6 years, but not with Vodafone.

I would suggest to raise a complaint so you get a complaint handler assigned and see what happens from that.

Complaints/Code-Of-Practice. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Good morning @Mh957, thank you for reaching out to us and for explaining what's been happening. 

I completely understand how important it is to have the right information on your credit report - we'll need to look into it further to see what the current situation is. 

Please send my team a message with your full name and Vodafone account number over social media and we'll be in touch - and if you include a link to your post, along with your community username, you won't need to repeat yourself either. 

Hi 

I’ve already contacted your social media team and in a conversation with them currently. I’ll update this forum if anything changes.

Thanks everything as been sorted. Thanks for all your help especially the person named bri.