Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Data roaming not working

Rohan-12
1: Seeker

Hi,

i am now in Italy and received a text saying there are no data roaming charges and I receive an extra 2GB of roaming data for free. I have run of of my data in the U.K.  But when I tried to use it, the data doesn't work at all. I made sure data roaming was on and reset a few settings with no hope. Help, please?

22 REPLIES 22

What does it matter how old is the thread if the problem persists for many users? I don't have any restrictions on my phone and cannot see any bars on my Vodafone app or Vodafone account on computer. And yet, I could not roam on Samsung 9S neither in Italy, nor in France nor in Asian countries. I understand Asian countries might be difficult, but EU? Vodafone really needs to sort it out. I am also considering changing the network. My husband is on another network with exactly the same phone as mine. He didn't have any problems roaming at all in all the same countries. 

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @Meel, that's very strange is you can't seen any bars applied on your account. Did you phone work at all whilst abroad in any countries?

If you'd like one of our team to take a closer look into this for you, please get in touch via Facebook, or contact us on Twitter. You can find more information on doing this here

Make sure to pop your username and link to this thread in your message too, this will save you having to explain again and we can help you quicker. 

ionmikel
1: Seeker

I had the same problem, roaming from Glasgow, UK to Bilbao in Spain. Using a TP-LINK device, the whole problem was, as I suspected, that the APN set up by default in my device (which is something that happens automatically when it connects to the network) was incorrect, or perhaps just old. After a lenthy conversation with the functional support and, later on, with the more technical guy, I finally had the details that they should be, make sure this is like this (at least this worked today on October 2018 for me, it might change in the future again, I guess....)

APN: internet

username: web

password: web

authentication type: CHAP

I hope this helps someone, it took me 2 hours to get this working after 2 days "tolerance" I awaited thinking that the network would sort itself out (it obviously didn't)...