Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Ending contract early

kirstyl13
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My contact isn't due to end until 1st July but I want to cancel early due to the fact I have experienced thr worst signal issues I've ever had!

I have been onto live chat, who in fairness have been helpful, and they have issued me a credit of £114 on my account for the issues.

My early termination fee is £138.

I am looking at opening a new contract on a different network, using my phone number etc.

Am i right in thinking I can use part of the credit now to go towards the early termination fee? As my account is in credit to that extent?

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @kirstyl13 

I don't see why not, if you see here: Early Termination Fee if you have any refunds or credits on your account Vodafone will take these off your final bill.

The only thing to consider if Vodafone have only just given you the credit, it will be too late for this months bill and you will probably find the credit on your April/May bill.

Don't close the direct debit, Vodafone will do this when they send the final 0.00 bill, anything further owing or due back will go straight to your bank.  See here: Cancel Account 

Thanks so much for your reply! 

I won't cancel the direct debit or anything. And am happy to pay the difference - whatever that ends up being, whenever they send the final bill.

I'm just fed up of having no signal in so many places that I need out!

Thanks again