main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Pay monthly

Failed Credit Check

johnrlowe
3: Seeker

It appears Vodafone are still failing people's credit check despite no issues and no credit check appearing on experien account. Can anyone explain this? Been with Vodafone for over 15 years, pay monthly by direct debit. Never missed a payment, have a 999 score with experien and yet I go to upgrade and on the last page it instantly rejects upgrade saying I failed a credit check. Checked experien account and no check has been made on me. Used the online chat, upgrade team couldn't help as they only deal with upgrades and not finance, finance couldn't help and told me to speak to upgrade team to see if they can sort it. Was then told to cancel existing contract and then apply as a new customer and that might work. Great customer service. Needless to say I did cancel contract, but have now gone to another provider. Easy way to lose customers!

View more options
2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Since the introduction of the new Vodafone Evo Plans which require a Credit Check due to the new way they are split into two parts , one being the airtime and the other being the loan for the phone we have seen a few posts from people who have conducted their account well and have good credit scores being rejected.

If you perform a forum search you'll see similar posts and the advice contained within them which may also help.

Here is one of these threads > https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly/Credit-check. 

Vodafone wouldn't be able to tell you why the application failed as their system just tells them it's a Yes or No.

You could ask Vodafone Customer Services / Vodafone Credit Team to manually put the Credit Check through to see if that works.

If these are hard Credit Checks however they will appear on your Credit File and can have an impact on your Credit Scire which is why people are advised to leave at least 90 days before each credit check to allow the Credit File to recover.

The Vodafone Social Media Teams via Facebook messenger or Twitter DM might be able to help.

No account access is available via this forum.

Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

I certainly wouldn't suggest to cancel your contrat yo start again. 

You would lose your mobile number unless you used a Pac to move to another network.

Other options if your phone is ok would be to move to a Sim Only contract or consider Vodafone Payg or Vodafone Voxi or let your current contract automatically drop onto a 30 day rolling contract which happens when a contract reaches full term.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Edit _ Sorry to see this has resulted in you moving to a new mobile network provider.

I hope they are able to provide a good network signal and data speeds where you reside, work and commute.

All the best.

Current Phone >

Samsung Z Fold³ 5G.

Previous Phone >

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G - SM9860.

View more options
hrym
17: Community Champion

I've seen a credit check fail because the link had failed and the system defaulted to "computer says no".   Speak to the Social Media team again and ask them to escalate to Credit File Support.   They have access to the full history and will be able to see if the rejection is correct or not.  If it is, they won't give you a reason, but at least you'll know it's been examined.

If this is a persistent issue, I would imagine there'll be at least a bit of an exodus to other networks and it'll be examined.

View more options