Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Failed Credit Check

johnrlowe
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

It appears Vodafone are still failing people's credit check despite no issues and no credit check appearing on experien account. Can anyone explain this? Been with Vodafone for over 15 years, pay monthly by direct debit. Never missed a payment, have a 999 score with experien and yet I go to upgrade and on the last page it instantly rejects upgrade saying I failed a credit check. Checked experien account and no check has been made on me. Used the online chat, upgrade team couldn't help as they only deal with upgrades and not finance, finance couldn't help and told me to speak to upgrade team to see if they can sort it. Was then told to cancel existing contract and then apply as a new customer and that might work. Great customer service. Needless to say I did cancel contract, but have now gone to another provider. Easy way to lose customers!

15 REPLIES 15

pegem
2: Seeker

Same thing with me, applied for Social tariff, over 900 credit score, declined! Appealed, declined again !

IMHO should not be credit checked given that this tariff is for the less we'll off.! 

Will not deal with Vodaphone again no matter how good the deal!

pegem

Despite having an excellent credit rating, (I've checked!) I have failed the Vodaphone Credit Check when applying for Social Tariff. Why? the company is a risk for all of £12 per month on a rolling 30 day contract. 

In my opinion, there should not be a credit check done on these type of contracts given that they are designed to help the less well off.

Or are Vodaphone declining customers just because it suits them!

Robyn

Hi @pegem

I can see you have mentioned that you have appealed the Credit Check decision, was it via this link?

Please drop our Social Media team a message and we'll be able to reach out to our Credit File team for you and be able to get this resolved. We would like to turn this experience around, and if you are interested our agents can potentially get an order set up for you.

Not sure what your Social Media team are and how to contact them. The link doesn't work. 

Sorry @pegem I have included the correct link here.

I too have just had my application for Vodafone broadband and landline refused for failing the credit check - also have a 999 Experian rating with no negatives noted and have lived at same address for 30 years. I appealed the credit check failure and the appeal was rejected. In applying for a broadband and landline 24 month contract,  I had to make a full application with all my details including bank details and set up payment etc... Obviously with no Vodafone Plan in place all that info I no longer wish to have logged with Vodafone, yet I now have to jump through hoops to have my all details removed.   One would expect a 'close account' button - not that I have a functioning account of course.  Thank you Vodafone. I will take my custom elsewhere and certainly will NOT be recommending you. Zero stars.