Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How to cancel, not switch ?

f1sav28
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I'm at a loss.

I follow every link and take all the steps, but the system only seems to offer the option of getting a PAC or STAC. I don't want either, I'm not switching the number to another provider,  I just want to CANCEL it. Obviously Tobi is useless as all that offers is a link to the cancel page, which isn't a cancel page, it's a switch page - and if my STAC isn't used my number doesn't get cancelled. I just want to cancel a number, not move it, not port it, I just want to cancel it please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Just submit the STAC to any other network @f1sav28 , this can be done by someone you know on any other network without having any effect on the account, you can also get yourself a free PAYG SIM on any other network and submit the STAC.  This will immediately end the contract and the benefit to you will be not having to speak to Vodafone and give 30 days notice, plus if you are out of contract, it will end the day the STAC is submitted without you having to pay for an additional 30 days.

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

Steph

Hi @f1sav28 I hope you are doing well. 

If you want to cancel your service but you don't wish to keep your current number then you will need to give your 30 days notice to our Cancellations team by calling 191 free from a Vodafone Pay monthly mobile, or 03333 040 191 from any other UK phone (standard charges apply).

AnnS

Just submit the STAC to any other network @f1sav28 , this can be done by someone you know on any other network without having any effect on the account, you can also get yourself a free PAYG SIM on any other network and submit the STAC.  This will immediately end the contract and the benefit to you will be not having to speak to Vodafone and give 30 days notice, plus if you are out of contract, it will end the day the STAC is submitted without you having to pay for an additional 30 days.

Thanks @AnnS 

I did wonder if that would work, sounds logical. Thank you for the response.