cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How to decrease Data Roaming Spend Limit?

R4sh1d123
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello, I have 2 pay monthly lines. I'd like to decrease thee "Data Roaming Spend Limit" from 250 pounds to 30 or something. I looked in my account on both my PC and android app. It askes me to call 191, which I did but the automated service asked me to call 41156, which is telling me how to decrease my EU RoW data spend cap (39 pounds I think), which is not what I'm looking to change. 

How can I do this in my account, or do I need to contact customer service, which I want to avoid since it took them an hour the last time I contacted them.

3 REPLIES 3

Getafix
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

You can do it online or via App.

In the App Click on your Line (Where it gives your Monthly Line Rental)
Click on Controls Tab and Click on Spend Manager.

Online, in the Left Click on Settings, Plan Settings, Select your Line and Select Spend Limit.

I followed your instructions in my windows machine, I changed the limit to 30 pounds. But when I check under:

Plans > controls > Active Controls and limits > I still have: "£250 Data Roaming Spend Limit" as active, which is what I want to lower to 30 or something.

I have the following under that tab:

Screenshot 2024-02-11 220953.png

I have not chosen or changed the value ever, it just shows 250 as the limit.

Thank you.

The instructions given @R4sh1d123 look to be in relation to Spend Manager, which is different to the Data Roaming Spend Limit.

From 8 June 2023, our customers were automatically opted into our £250 Roaming Spend Limit (per billing cycle) on any out of bundle data roaming charges. You can opt out of the £250 Roaming Spend Limit at any time. It's important to note that this can't be set in increments of £10 like Spend Manager, it's either added or removed. If you have not reached the limit, opt out by calling customer services free on 191 from your Vodafone mobile, or visit your local store. Alternatively, you can get in touch with our Social Media team. 

For more information, please refer to the '£250 Roaming Spend Limit' section on our Terms & Conditions