main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Pay monthly

How to get a gold number...?

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
16: Advanced member

Hi guys,

I remember way back when, there was a team you could contact at Vodafone who would supply a list of Gold Number you could pick from.

I have had my personal number for years now and am at the point where I'm wanting to change it. But want to change it a decent easy to remember number.

I wondered if it'd be possible to be put in touch with that team or if they still exist. 

If not, my plan B is to buy one from eBay when I see one I really like and then just port it.

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Just to close this thread off, Vodafone did send me a list of numbers but price wise, you'd be better off looking at the gold number listings on eBay and then porting in.

For example a number that is listed for £149 on eBay is being offered by the Vodafone team for £750.

But great respose by the eForum team, it took a couple of days to get the information.

View more options
28 REPLIES 28
17: Community Champion
Hi. If you hang on hopefully one of the eforum team will be in touch with details on how to get what you want.
View more options

Hi,

Perhaps speak with Vodafone Customer service on 191 or Live Chat for assistance with this. 

I hope the costs are not too high for such a number. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

Oh good Lord, speak to Customer Service on 191 or Live Chat?

After my previous experiences doing exactly that, I think I can honestly say I'd rather walk naked through the fiery flames of hell! :smileyvery-happy:

I do recall there was a team dedicated to this, they'd send out the list of available numbers and the assosiated price list.

But in the meantime, I'm still eBay trawling. There's some good numbers on there for sale.

View more options
13: Advanced Member

The dedicated team can be contacted by email - I'm sure the Tech team will be able to provide you with the email address once they pick up this message. :-)

View more options

Hi @donnyguy

Totally appreciate your viewpoint.  

Really Customer service via phone or online chat should be able to guide you on this. 

That said as @63johnw has advised the Vodafone Team here on the forum should be able to bring you in via Pm to further advise. 

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

View more options

@donnyguy We'll be happy to look into this for you.

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

View more options

Thanks for getting back to me Colleen - that's very much appreciated.

I've followed the instructions as per the PM and look forward to hearing from the team.

View more options

Just to close this thread off, Vodafone did send me a list of numbers but price wise, you'd be better off looking at the gold number listings on eBay and then porting in.

For example a number that is listed for £149 on eBay is being offered by the Vodafone team for £750.

But great respose by the eForum team, it took a couple of days to get the information.

View more options

Thank you for updating your thread.  

WoW that's a chunk of cash ! :smileysurprised:

May I ask....

The gold numbers on eBay. 

What are they currently connected to @donnyguy ?

How would they be ported in to Vodafone?

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

View more options

Hi Lee,

On eBay they sell them as PAYG sim cards with gold numbers attached (to be fair, I think the sellers basically stalk the pre-pay sims that are on sale at supermarkets etc and buy the one with good numbers before selling them on at a premium).

So if you buy one and it's connected to a non Vodafone network then you register it, then call and get your PAC code. The rest is BAU, log into your VF account and select the option to import a number. 

If the number is on a VF pre-pay (and the one's I'm looking at are as I prefer VF prefixs such as 07771, 07775 or 07788) then I'd have to port it to another network before porting it back in.

Sounds like a pain but a port takes one business day and if there's a saving of several hundred pounds then it's worth the effort!!

View more options
Hi @BandOfBrothers I believe the number is supplied on a payg SIM which the buyer then has to get a PAC code to import it to their account.
View more options
Sorry @donnyguy you were replying at the same time.
View more options

Cheers @63johnw @donnyguy

Everyday's a School Day.  

Very useful information.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

View more options
3: Seeker

Hi 

I called up customer service line today to inquire about gold numbers and I was told that I have to get a contract before they can tell me the list of gold numbers that are available and prices.

Is there any way I can get a list of gold numbers that are availble before I can sign up the contract?

View more options
2: Seeker

Just search in internet mate i got a lovly number just under 30 pounds

View more options

Thanks alboz.

I tried few companies online they turned out to be fraudsters. Do you mind sending me the website that you purchased your number.

regards 

View more options

@santymads We'll be happy to help with this 😊

Please contact us as advised in the private message I've just sent and one of the team will be in touch.

View more options
1: Seeker

hi, please could you message me the details of how to contact the correct department to obtain the list and pricing of the gold numbers? I have had a memorable vodafone number for 20 odd years and would like a similar one for an additional contract.

View more options

I just bought a REALLY good number from ebay for £18. It's EE payg but you can easily upgrade it to a contract/sim only contract and port it to any network you like.

View more options