Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How to get a gold number...?

donnyguy
16: Advanced member

Hi guys,

I remember way back when, there was a team you could contact at Vodafone who would supply a list of Gold Number you could pick from.

I have had my personal number for years now and am at the point where I'm wanting to change it. But want to change it a decent easy to remember number.

I wondered if it'd be possible to be put in touch with that team or if they still exist. 

If not, my plan B is to buy one from eBay when I see one I really like and then just port it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

donnyguy

Just to close this thread off, Vodafone did send me a list of numbers but price wise, you'd be better off looking at the gold number listings on eBay and then porting in.

For example a number that is listed for £149 on eBay is being offered by the Vodafone team for £750.

But great respose by the eForum team, it took a couple of days to get the information.

View solution in original position

29 REPLIES 29

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@User818 I've just had a quick look on your profile and can't see that a Twitter or Facebook username has been added? As soon as I have this information, I'll be able to find your message from when you contacted us. 

Just search in internet mate i got a lovly number just under 30 pounds

Thanks alboz.

I tried few companies online they turned out to be fraudsters. Do you mind sending me the website that you purchased your number.

regards 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

@santymads We'll be happy to help with this 😊

Please contact us as advised in the private message I've just sent and one of the team will be in touch.

63johnw
17: Community Champion
Hi @BandOfBrothers I believe the number is supplied on a payg SIM which the buyer then has to get a PAC code to import it to their account.

BandOfBrothers

Cheers @63johnw @donnyguy

Everyday's a School Day.   :Smiling:

Very useful information.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

63johnw
Sorry @donnyguy you were replying at the same time.

NiceFish
3: Seeker

I just bought a REALLY good number from ebay for £18. It's EE payg but you can easily upgrade it to a contract/sim only contract and port it to any network you like.

chistery

If you buy a Vodafone PAYG one from eBay, you don't even need to request a PAC.

Just fill in the PAYG to PAYM form at www.vodafone.co.uk/keepmynumber

tstimson2004

Visit 1p mobile they sell gold number for £20 such as 0772* 472 472 for £30